Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parts Obsolete revisted
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DNHunt
Spent the weekend with the PCA group at Cannon Beach Or. Rained like hell but had a great time. Only 2 problems. My car wouldn't start twice. Got the trailers in a Mercedes to give us a shove. Kept up on the curvies real well. The roads were wet and bumpy, just right for my car. Only 1 brown stain in the drawers. Locked up the front end going into a downhill righthander. My wife almost lost her pizza from lunch. Bless her heart for trying but I don't think she wants to try to keep up with a bunch of 911s any more. She opted out of the drive the next day so I shagged a ride in a 993. What an experience. If I win the lotto I want one of those. I'd still keep the 914 though, the 993 feels competant. No surprises.

The highpoint was a trip to Gary Emory's. This time I took some pictures. There were about 6 356's, all vintage racers. A 914/6 being prepared for the track and a 906 restoration. Tons of parts but unfortunately no 2.0L heads. Still great fun.

On the way we saw the Spruce Goose at the Evergreen Air museum.

My favorite 356
DNHunt
Here's another little cutie
DNHunt
This is the six tub.
DNHunt
Here's a 1500 Super coupe being ready for a land speed record attempt. That a twin plug 6 with 2 cylinders removed.
DNHunt
This is how Gary does chassis stiffening. He includes the suspension ear.
DNHunt
Here's the other side
DNHunt
They are in the middle of some rust repair
DNHunt
A 906. This car was a bunch of parts. Price tag 1 restored 910 valued at $260,000.
DNHunt
The rest of the day wasn't bad. The ride I snagged was the silver car on the right. I still don't know what say about it. It was comfortable, quiet until it reached 4 grand, incredibly fast, abosolutely stable and totally predictable as far as I can see. I was very impressed. I felt right at home, it leaked.
DNHunt
The Spruce Goose
DNHunt
A B-17
DNHunt
One fast machine 2100 mph. The Blackbird
DNHunt
Will this fit. Oh s**t
DNHunt
My favorite people. The Jone's (Bob and Maxcine) have had this 914 forever. He did a tub up restore and it is beautiful. They do many of the PCA events. He told me a story about bringing a fully assembled color TV antenna home with the top off and Maxcine holding it in.
Charles Deutsch
Did anyone see that episode of Punk'd where they pretended to steal Frankie Muniz's (sp?) 356? That was one be-eautiful car! They said there were only a handful like it in the world and that it was worth over $200 000. I think he's only 16, or something like that, but that kid has excellent taste in cars.
boxstr
Saw the show, looked like a replica speedster.
CCLINPLASTICLAND
Eric Taylor
Locking the front's, downhill turn... hummm sounds familiar....
Charles Deutsch
QUOTE(boxstr @ Oct 13 2003, 10:36 PM)
Saw the show, looked like a replica speedster.
CCLINPLASTICLAND

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/06/09/...ain557660.shtml

That doesn’t mean, however, that Frankie isn’t having a little fun. “I bought a couple of cars,” he says, including the $100,000 Jetta from the movie “The Fast and the Furious,” and a rare Porsche that cost him $250,000.

The Porsche is supposedly a 1956 Speedster.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.