Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front bar U-tab location
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
swood
How exactly do I locate the u-tab to weld to the A-arm for the front sway bar? I want to get this on, the holes drilled and the brace welded on as well while I'm there.

Also, what epoxy should be used to adhere the shims for the Poly Bronze bushings?

popcorn[1].gif
SirAndy
the dutch boy has a schematic. has been posted here before, i believe in one of my suspension threads. never saved a copy of it, sorry ...

smile.gif Andy
swood
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 17 2006, 08:46 PM) *

the dutch boy has a schematic. has been posted here before, i believe in one of my suspension threads. never saved a copy of it, sorry ...

smile.gif Andy

drunk.gif
HA HA...thank you very little. I think...

If'n you think of it let me know....got tab will travel...smile.gif
JoeSharp
Steve: Come by and get your parts and measure one that I just did.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
PRS914-6
This is for the 911 arms I just installed and I think what you are looking for.....
IPB Image
Brad Roberts
Thanks Paul for posting the pic for us.

Your project looks like it is going well.

We will chat soon.

B
Trekkor
I like the Smart Racing sway bar mount.

KT
Brad Roberts
So? why is it mounted to the stock Utabs in the last pic?

The Smart bar has the 911 drop link also. I'm not sure how it is effecting the adjustment, but personally I would like to see shorter links for the 914.

It should be changing the effective rate of the bar.

B
Trekkor
So? why is it mounted to the stock Utabs in the last pic?

Initial install.

At the first event I ever ran the SRP bar ( at Marina in '04 ) Rich Walton happened to be there , and he helped set me get set-up with the bolt-on's I had in my tool box.

Better angle.

KT
Jeroen
QUOTE(PRS914-6 @ Jul 18 2006, 07:04 AM) *

This is for the 911 arms I just installed and I think what you are looking for.....
IPB Image

yep, that's the pic Andy was referring to wink.gif
swood
Ok cool. Thanks Guys. So is the 911 A-arm location of the tab the same for the 914 arm? I don't know why it wouldn't be.

Jeroen
I measured it off a stock 914 arm

Also... I didn't use any epoxy on shims for the Elephant Racing bushings
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.