Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MEGA parts stash
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grasshopper
mueba.gif I am going over to a local engine guy that I found who has EVERYTHING, I mean EVERYTHING you could ever imagine for any porsche models. He has over five tractor trailors that he put shelves in and has engines in them, and another one full of transmissions. Make a list and I will see what I can get...I think he has the porsche part numbers memorized cause I needed some really funky part last year and I gave him the part number and he said, yep I have a bunch of those...He is crazy...really blink.gif He had a factory slant nose 911 outside his shop today, and a 914 on a lift working on it...he has three huge buildings full of parts stacked to the roof..he also has a 914-6 racecar, a 65 911 race car, and a 550 spyder..(real) in his place. I dont want to give out his number, cause he is a pretty secretive guy..but make a list and I will see what I can get from this guy. I am heading over to see if I can get:

2.0 flywheel from a six
914-6 heat exchangers
10,000 RPM tach happy11.gif
915 trans
2.0 T4 engine
914 roll cage he has in a car
911 clock
Targa to windshield seal
four speed 901
912 tach
side mirrors
tail light lenses
air conditioning setup (long shot)
Front bumper pad,
Passenger side sun visor,
1972 1.7 owners manual,
heater lever with perfect red knob
early window cranks with the chrome on the sides
rear window seal
front trunk/gas tank edge seal
LSD for 901 av-943.gif
regular 901
1.7 engine
rear targa latch
lower engine tin 2.0
tool kit
side targa seals
targa pad
2.0 SSI
2.0 muffler (early)
2.0 muffler hanger
NOS AAR
NOS MPS
2.0 heads
914werke
targa to windshield seal thumb3d.gif
Aaron Cox
ask him if he has any 4 speed 901's cheap.....

1969 912 tach....
grasshopper
I've got a four speed 901 in georgia but wont be back for about two weeks, also dont know the condition...I can Guarantee the 912 tach, cause he had one out there today and I looked around at it and it was about complete... its pretty sad to see like 100...(really) 914's and 911's sitting outside.... He keeps the 356's in his garage space...
Aaron Cox
barry, email me about the trans and tach

Acox914@comcast.net
Hoss
How about:

1.) Targa to windshield seal
2.) Side mirror
3.) U.S. spec tail light lenses or complete units

Good hunting!
sec914
air conditiong parts, have the underdash unit and thats it, need all other parts, engine brackets crank pulley compressor condensor/shroud, lines, 914 fuchs wheels in good shape chrome bumpers no dents no rust targa seal front thanks for the tip sorry for the work 914(vw)porsche emblem
Chris Pincetich
Front bumper pad, excellent condition
Passenger side sun visor, excellent condition
1972 1.7 owners manual, fair to excellent condition
heater lever with perfect red knob for my 1972
early window cranks with the chrome on the sides
rear window seal
front trunk/gas tank edge seal
beerchug.gif
got my fingers crossed - Thanks!
bondo
930 trans av-943.gif

LSD for a 901 chairfall.gif

biggrin.gif
bd1308
I could really use a 901 5 speed for rebuilding.

how about a 1.7L engine case?

b
John
Windshield seal up both sides and across the top.

(1) please.
bd1308
Well I need one of those windshield seal thingies BADLY as well...

b
crash914
hmmmm.. is he off 522?

I saw a guy years ago that had a parking garage and shop somewhere in the dc area, I just can't remember that had about 65 porsches stored. just gathering dust. he had about 8 914's that I was looking at, a couple of 356's a few 912's and some early 911's along with an old lincoln...he really did not want to sell anyone of them...I don't know what ever happened to them...
hcdmueller
QUOTE(JOHNMAN @ Jul 17 2006, 10:01 PM) *

Windshield seal up both sides and across the top.

(1) please.

I could use these seals too. Please Please Please.
Thanks,
Chris
jk76.914
two minor parts-

spring for top latch. the latch that bolts on the front edge of the roll bar. Either latch would be fine also. All I need is the spring.

lower engine shroud (air channel?). goes from crankcase to heat exchanger. Need one for 2.0L side shift, '73-'74.

thanks,
Jim
914efi
windshield glass
dagdal1967
Side Targa Seals that the windows roll up and seat into. Need both sides!

Doug
tknasel
Sound like a great find. I have a 1976 914 and looking for part number 914 563 039 10 the windshield seal. Also looking for a 914 tool kit. Thanks and good hunting!
solex
-Targa Bar Pad
-Side Targa window seals both sides
tod914
Looking for New 73-74 2.0 Stainless Steel heat exchanges (later model in all SS), nos oem muffler, and nos 73 -73 muffler hanger,nos 2.0 MPS, nos AAR, if he has them laying around too smile.gif. Put me on the list for the front targa seal as well.. one never knows. Think this is reaching but NOS fuchs or mahles.

Thanks for effort!!

Main item would be the ss heat exchanges
tat2dphreak
2.0 MPS... still
seanery
Barry, I'm looking for 2.0 heads (73/74 style)...

thanks
-sean
gary beck
I need the window seal also.
Thanks
Gary
grasshopper
wow, looks like everyone wants the targa to windshield seal... well, I know of two good ones that he has, but I dont know about any others. I really dont need them, so the first two that responded get them. I am going to make a list of everything in my first post, and make sure I have your orders right. This is probably more than what I want to bug the guy about. He always gives us this crap about "well...I'm not in the parts business"..but he always sells us stuff...
grasshopper
NO MORE ORDERS PLEASE I already have a long enough list, and I dont want to bother this guy too much. Thanks, Barry
evan
Hey sound like you found everyones stash.... looking for rocker panels and carpeting for front trunk, ss heat exchangers for 1973 1.7
let me know.
evan
SLITS
QUOTE(grasshopper @ Jul 18 2006, 08:37 AM) *

wow, looks like everyone wants the targa to windshield seal... well, I know of two good ones that he has, but I dont know about any others. I really dont need them, so the first two that responded get them. I am going to make a list of everything in my first post, and make sure I have your orders right. This is probably more than what I want to bug the guy about. He always gives us this crap about "well...I'm not in the parts business"..but he always sells us stuff...

Well, bust your piggybank and buy all of his stuff in one lot....problem solved.
grasshopper
The bad thing is, he knows what things are worth... soo... He has over a million dollars in cars and parts out there...No way I could buy it :crazy:
tknasel
My 1976 windshield just cracked. Does he have a good windshield?
Sammy
Hay, since no one has mentioned it before now, check to see if he has a windshield to targa seal
chairfall.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
carr914
Good Find Young Grasshopper. I know you said no more orders, but you also said this guy has all the numbers in his head. I'm looking for something very specific. A 74 Euro 915 transmission #343424 out of my Carrera. Thanks, T.C.

ps How's the Beck coming along. I found the other F/G rocker for it the other day in my attic. Let me know if you want it
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(tod914 @ Jul 18 2006, 10:03 AM) *

Looking for New 73-74 2.0 Stainless Steel heat exchanges (later model in all SS), nos oem muffler, and nos 73 -73 muffler hanger,nos 2.0 MPS, nos AAR, if he has them laying around too smile.gif. Put me on the list for the front targa seal as well.. one never knows. Think this is reaching but NOS fuchs or mahles.

Thanks for effort!!

Main item would be the ss heat exchanges

Hey Tod,

I think I have the muffler hanger you're looking for - restored too (don't ask me how I come up with these things!).

PM me - want to be sure it's the right one. I don't need it.
Pat
grasshopper
yeah, we are going to head over there on monday...and I already think I am going to be bringing home two more 914s :crazy: so that will cover most of the parts you guys are looking for...I will ask for the rarer parts that people need. I'm sorry, but the little stuff that can be found almost anywhere will need to be left out, cause the guy is old and cranky and doesn't like to be bothered from his work...
Stieve
Euro lights, Rockers, plain chrome bumpers
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.