Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what kind of seat covers fit stock 914 seats?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
HeloMech
What basic 'off the rack' seat covers fit the stock seats in the 914. I'm undecided if I want to recover the stock seats or go with aftermarket. In the mean time, I'd like to cover the PO's duct tape seat patches.

So is there something out there that fit's these very well without being the same price as recovering the seats? huh.gif
STL914
Performance Products/Automotion carries a set made for the 914 in black or tan for about $80.
jasons
You can get the Neoprene Wet Okole ones too. Many color options available.

IPB Image IPB Image
pfierb
QUOTE(jasons @ Jul 18 2006, 10:02 AM) *

IPB Image IPB Image

In had a set of those Wet Okole seat covers on my Alfa Spyder and while they fit good they don't breathe , after 15 minutes on a hot and humid day I couldn't sit in the car and had to change my shirt,the stock vinyl seats are cooler.
jasons
QUOTE(pfierb @ Jul 18 2006, 07:29 AM) *

QUOTE(jasons @ Jul 18 2006, 10:02 AM) *

In had a set of those Wet Okole seat covers on my Alfa Spyder and while they fit good they don't breathe , after 15 minutes on a hot and humid day I couldn't sit in the car and had to change my shirt,the stock vinyl seats are cooler.

agree.gif I have a set of 914 ones I got out of a junkyard. I have since scored some seats with cloth inserts.
Howard
Suzi has really nice stock seats, but black vinyl and my fat ass don't quite get along, especially in the summer. These are from local FLAPS. Leather/sheepskin seating surface with a nice lumbar support. Ain't too pretty, but comfy. Like $30 each.

STL914
QUOTE(Howard @ Jul 18 2006, 07:17 AM) *

Suzi has really nice stock seats, but black vinyl and my fat ass don't quite get along, especially in the summer. These are from local FLAPS. Leather/sheepskin seating surface with a nice lumbar support. Ain't too pretty, but comfy. Like $30 each.

Howard, those really don't look that bad. biggrin.gif Which FLAPS carries those and do they come in a tan color? Do they actually cover the seat or just lay on top of the seats? Can you post a better picture?
HeloMech
compared to the stock seats with tears and foam showing? Those look awesome. smile.gif

Thanks. I really like the look of the okole things.. but, yeah, I don't wanna take a bath while I'm driving. Sunny SoCal might make them less than desirable unless I start surfing. driving.gif (no reason for the driver icon, I just like it!)
Toast
Howie, you are a good salesman! biggrin.gif
I do not really car for sheepskin...it's itchy. But you said "comfy" and "lumbar support". That will get us cripple (and you old fogies) every time. laugh.gif
HeloMech
QUOTE(Howard @ Jul 18 2006, 08:17 AM) *

Problem solved. We can just trade stock seats since yours are covered with comfy seating surface with lumbar support.

Thanks!

How would you like them wrapped? clap56.gif
Howard
QUOTE(STL914 @ Jul 18 2006, 10:11 AM) *

QUOTE(Howard @ Jul 18 2006, 07:17 AM) *

Howard, those really don't look that bad. biggrin.gif Which FLAPS carries those and do they come in a tan color? Do they actually cover the seat or just lay on top of the seats? Can you post a better picture?

Got these at Kragen, but just checked online and they don't list them now. Pep boys had them too, I believe. Come in black/grey or brown/tan. Covers the whole seat, but back and bottom are vinyl, or such. They will slip on, but I removed the seats and fitted them. I'll try to get some better pix.

Toasty, been making my living doing that for 45 years biggrin.gif
Nice try, wrench boy KMA.gif
HeloMech
QUOTE(Howard @ Jul 18 2006, 11:01 AM) *
Nice try, wrench boy KMA.gif

lol, I guess that's me...
iamchappy
The cotton Seat Savers from Automotion are the ticket, I have had 2 sets over the last 25 years there comfy and wash up nice.

http://www.automotion.com/productpage.aspx...ers+Front+Seats
STL914
Here's a picture of one of mine. Bought them on eBay several years ago for about $75. These are either the Seat Savers Chappy mentioned or are very similar. Only complaint is how the black piping is wearing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.