Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: another auto-x
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mskala
Sunday's autocross (or hot-o-cross, > 90F day)

The renegade miata group sets up great challenging courses given
the area we have to work with.

Run 6, 23Mb full-size mpeg-1

Reasonably-modified miatas have been comparable to reasonably-modified 914's
in times mostly.

Enjoy
johannes
Great vidieo !!!! I like the lateral G force ! smile.gif very impressive smilie_pokal.gif
spare time toys
QUOTE(johannes @ Jul 18 2006, 07:09 AM) *

Great vidieo !!!! I like the lateral G force ! smile.gif very impressive smilie_pokal.gif

Ithink its cool also but have a question. Why are the values not the same on the left and right? When one shows +0.5 shouldnt the other show a forge of -0.5? some times they are way off confused24.gif
Joe Ricard
Probably a couple of spots where 3rd gear would have been a better choice than riding out 2nd. Guess that's where my flipped ZD 3rd come in handy.
Yup just watched it again, there would have been several spots I would have shifted. Faster speed and higher G's. What was your peak Lateral G? couldn't make it out.
Demick
Nice! But I don't know how you know where to go - or how the corner workers can keep track if you miss a cone or skip a turn.

Around here, people get their panties in a bunch if the course isn't fully lined and chalked!!

Demick
Joe Ricard
Agreed, I hate it when there is so much going on with "course decoration" that it becomes difficult to find the key cones to turn off of.

I would love a chance to drive that course it looks like a hoot. Specially with more BWWWHHHHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!! going on.
mskala

Probably a couple of spots where 3rd gear would have been a better choice than riding out 2nd. .. What was your peak Lateral G? couldn't make it out.

You're right, but I get into trouble downshifting again when there's almost
no 'straight line' braking. Tend to spin.

I have to mount the box better to get the g-forces to not record every pebble.
Right now I use a magnet on the passenger floorboard. That area is flexy.

mskala
Ithink its cool also but have a question. Why are the values not the same on the left and right? When one shows +0.5 shouldnt the other show a forge of -0.5? some times they are way off confused24.gif

One is left/right, other number is front/back. But there's no forward acceleration in
914's biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.