Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: liberal rant on Jerry's Porsche Garage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
http://www.observer.com/pages/frontpage3.asp
SirAndy
i don't like jerry either. just not funny. böring ...

but i volunteer to take "care" of the cars if he can't use his "garage" smile.gif
Andy
mharrison
Ron Rosenbaum has got to be an idiot. OK, so Jerry may be superficial. How superficial is taking time to ridicule someone for how they spend their own damn money. This guy needs to get a life. He is obviously not a Porsche owner or he would understand. Oh well, I'm glad to hear that someone is getting my dream garage. Although I imagine it is parking and not a shop unless he employs a mechanic. Who knows, maybe he's a wrencher as well....

At any rate, as bad as Ron Rosenbaum hates Jerry, you'd think he wouldn't write a column about "nothing" ! laugh.gif
Britain Smith
Check this out...

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/garage/garage.html
Britain Smith
Jerry has one of the first aircooled 911's and one of the last.

http://www.hillmanimages.com/912/911.html

IPB Image

IPB Image
rhodyguy
what a smug little prat. he could ridicule till his eyes popped out, while jerry laughs all the way to the bank. wonder if he lives in a 4mil+home? notice he doesn't see to take the piss out of the folks that live on long island in their gazillion dollar water front homes. i liked the show, still do. big jer will be making LOTS of dough for the next 20 years with the shows in sydication. 13 porsches? bet that doesn't include the matching set of orange, with dealer stickers in the windows, karmen ghia and beetle. 13 porsches, think he worrys about hot start or rust issues? hey jerry, if you're a lurker hows about some stickers?

kevin
campbellcj
13 Porsches...that is just the small subset that JS wants to keep "close at hand" on the east coast.

It is ludicrous for these losers to bitch about his little construction project in NYC. Jeez...there are mega skyscrapers, hotels, etc. being built all around them, cockroach-ridden
gangbanger slums not far down the road, and they have some personal need to pick on a reclusive TV star who's just trying to enjoy himself. What ever happened to picking on Donald Trump and Leona Helmsley?
rhodyguy
there was a piece on 60 minutes regarding the siezing of homes/property in the name of imminent domain. not derilict houses, but business' ,nice homes etc. the new york times wanted a to build a new building. so some poor citizens are on the bricks. and this hack worries about cars. 800 grand for 1664 sq ft. gee thats only $528.8 a ft. what a bargin. he's putting people to work. that's more than that writer can say.

kevin
Queenie
I read this article before I saw the link here, and I've been thinking about it for a couple of days now. It's a piss-poor excuse for journalism. A well-written and clever rant would be one thing, but the all the author managed to do in this case was reveal the gigantic chip on his shoulder and make himself look like a Grade A titbucket.

Think whatever you like about Jerry Seinfeld's brand of comedy, but it's hard to deny that the man has seriously good taste in cars. Celebrities have wasted greater sums of money on less worthwhile things.
GaroldShaffer
What a :dhead:

Who care's what Jerry spends his $$$ on???
Does he feel the same about Jay Leno??

-Garold
Zeke
Leno has a industrial building in San Fernando Valley for his cars and workshop. That's what the building was intended for. He didn't have to tear down anything to build it. Hell, he probably just leases it.

Seinfeld's thing is a atter of convenience for him and inconvenience for others. I think living in NYC would be inconvenient alltogether. But it's kinda like me building a 3 story garage at the back end of my 6000 sq. ft. residential lot. Doesn't fit too well with the neighborhood.

Now, if I had a mountain top playpen with a better view of the Pacific Ocean than from my own house..........does that remind you of anyone?
Jeroen
The only reason I can think of that is that the writer got pissed of at Jerry because the construction site is where he used to sleep in his cardboard box...

After all, it's impossible the writer gets paid for crap like this biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
URY914
This is America right?
If it legal and you pay for it, you can do it, right?

What is the problem then.

Paul
KaptKaos
The guy thinks he knows how to best use Jerry's hard EARNED money. Typical class warfare tripe. Does the cluesless MFer (will not mention his name) that wrote the piece write about how much in TAXES Jerry will be paying on that property? No. Of course not. Property taxes in NYC have skyrocketed since 9/11. Jerry's garage is not exempt. He will be paying his taxes on that property every year. But that's not enough for that MFer. He need to make sure Jerry has his sense of do-good-ism.

Does that MFer think for one minute that the renovations that are being done are free? Jerry is paying someone to fix up the place and they will have EARNED that money. If more people, like Jerry, started spending money like this, it would help the economy more than all of the taxes Jerry will pay on his garage.

"Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house."

Funny how that one seems to be forgotten.

Rant off.

- Joe
Rockaria
QUOTE(Britain Smith @ Oct 13 2003, 11:09 PM)

From What I have read he has THE First made/sold publically and THE Last made/sold publically aircooled 911s.
fiid
I don't think that Jerry's money was exactly hard earned. But someone was stupid enought to give it too him. It's the giver who's at fault, not the recipient. Hell - if someone offered you a few mill for making shit jokes, you'd probably do it too.

I agry with URY - this is America - if you have the cash and it's not directly causing great harm to people - let him have it.

l8r,

Fiid.
fiid
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/garage/jsplans1.html

Go Jerry! It looks cool!

Fiid.
TimT
Big Deal,

If someone has an issues with Seinfelds garage, they are entitled to there opinion.

He is one of the more monied people you might know, but there are others who are far richer, that have amazing "domeciles" within NYC..

Storing a collection of cars in NYC is a pain in the balls, Jerry isnt the first or last to do it. Maybe with his 15 mins of fame someone in the building Dept scanned his prints..

There are others that get around the building dept... Id like to see those garages
Joe Bob
QUOTE(Britain Smith @ Oct 13 2003, 09:09 PM)

http://www.hillmanimages.com/912/911.html

IPB Image

IPB Image

Too bad those plates are replicas.....not legal for street use....no tags and CA never did personalized plates in black and yellow......
campbellcj
The real DMV plate on the early car is "911 ONE" or something like that IIRC. I have a pic somewhere. Not sure what the 993's plate is, if it even has one. I have seen the "first" 911 driven on public roads...which is kind of a frightening thought. Same with a 911R and many other rare 50's and 60's specimens.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.