Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recovering stock seats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VaccaRabite
How does one re-upolster the stock 914 seats. I can sew, and have a pretty good machine. But I don't know how to make the ridges and stuff that are in the seats. I have never like sitting on vynal. I was planning on making them black fabric for the bolsters, and the green and black tartan for the inserts.

Does anyone have a pattern for the seats? Is there a "how to" thread that I did not find when searching? I know I remember someone talking about this several months ago, but I could not find it in the search...

Zach
HeloMech
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Jul 18 2006, 09:15 AM) *

How does one re-upolster the stock 914 seats. I can sew, and have a pretty good machine. But I don't know how to make the ridges and stuff that are in the seats. I have never like sitting on vynal. I was planning on making them black fabric for the bolsters, and the green and black tartan for the inserts.

Does anyone have a pattern for the seats? Is there a "how to" thread that I did not find when searching? I know I remember someone talking about this several months ago, but I could not find it in the search...

Zach

You're obviously going to need practice on this... so, make mine black outters and yellow inners... poke.gif
nomore9one4
Your best bet is to cut the stitching on the old seat and use it for a pattern. When you cut the curved pieces keep in mind that the vinyl already stretched so you are going to make it smaller than it actually is. Mark every piece with a line continue to the ajoining piece before you cut it apart. That way you know where each piece is going to go. Take your time and sew slow! Good luck! smash.gif
GeorgeRud
Autos International in Escondido, CA (www.autosintl.com) made up some covers for me a few years ago with the black vinyl seat sides and black corduroy seating surfaces. They seemed reasonably priced and then you only had to replace the original covers. Their pattern seems to fit well, and they should be able to do a different seating surface for your covers if you ask.

I've used them on several different cars and have always been happy with the results.
r_towle
World Upholstrey.
http://www.worlduph.com/porsche6.htm

257 for the pair of front seats.
Plus they have lots of other stuff also.

Rich
TravisNeff
QUOTE(boboli914@att.net @ Jul 18 2006, 10:32 AM) *

Your best bet is to cut the stitching on the old seat and use it for a pattern. When you cut the curved pieces keep in mind that the vinyl already stretched so you are going to make it smaller than it actually is. Mark every piece with a line continue to the ajoining piece before you cut it apart. That way you know where each piece is going to go. Take your time and sew slow! Good luck! smash.gif

agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif

I did two seats this way. The first one was pretty crude looking, but the 2nd seat turned out pretty nice. Vinyl bolsters and headreast with a small houndstooth pattern on the seat and back.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.