Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Electronic Fuel Injection upgrade for 914s
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hotlanta914
Has anyone tried to replace the stock mechanical fuel injection with a modern EFI unit - programable from a PC? Any suggestions - I have a 73 - 2 liter. Thanks
Aaron Cox
it isnt MFI... its EFI stock...

D jetronic.... uses a manifold pressure sensor......

are you good with EFI tuning? a few options out there (nothing is bolt on and go) SDS, Megasquirt etc...
tdgray
Do a search... lots of information.

Very complicated stuff though... and time consuming.
toon1
QUOTE(hotlanta914 @ Jul 18 2006, 01:49 PM) *

Has anyone tried to replace the stock mechanical fuel injection with a modern EFI unit - programable from a PC? Any suggestions - I have a 73 - 2 liter. Thanks
it'e done frequently, tons of info in the archives, use the search
Bleyseng
Whats wrong with your Djet?? Pretty simple, easy to tune.....

MS plug and play is aways away...
Rand
It's already been said, but just an agreement and my $.02...
The DJet system is fine.
I would only bother changing if my MPS was shot and I couldn't score a deal on another one (in which case you could build your own Megasquirt system for arguably about the same money)...
Or if I had a high performance motor with a hot cam, in which case I would probably go with a ready-to-go SDS setup.
yarin
Megaquirt will cost you $450 for a MS II V.3.0 with relay board, stimulator and cabling if you build it yourself. Keep it mind it is NOT plug in play. However once I finally got mine running it was very easy to tune, I used someone else's tables and it worked out perfectly. Autotune worked the rest out.

Do a search on megasquirt and check out their website for all the details.

Good luck!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.