Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How many of you are cyclists?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
RogerYellow914
Just curious how many of you are cyclists?

In addition to the '72 914, there is a '05 Trek 5900SL, a '92 Trek 5200 and a Trek Clyde in my garage. The kids keep their bikes on the back porch.

-Roger
anthony
Litespeed Classic (Campy Record Carbon 10 speed)
Trek 2500 Carbon (Campy 9 - my old grouppo)
Guerciotti SLX (Campy C-Record - my old racer)
Cannondale M600 mountain bike (hardly used)

I raced for 7 years including a year in France when I was in my twenties. Now, I ride about 2,000 miles per year.
7TPorsh
1980's TREK 510 with original Campy Victory group. Chrome Plated
Ferg
biggrin.gif I ride a lot. mostly commuting to work.

I've thinned the herd to just a few.

Single Speed Schwinn Custom build commuter
Specialized Epic pro
Litespeed Tsali softail (ex team bike from racing days, not ridden right now, but have not been able to sell)
Fat Tire beer Cruiser (basement art)

Ferg beerchug.gif
bd1308
2000 Rincon Giant

wub.gif

b
turboman808
Bianchi EV3-record
Cervelo P3-durace 9
Specialized fixed gear of some sort
home built debernardi with nuovo groupset

Also have a lowrider that I have just never got around to finishing the frame.

I am really taking it easy this year. I did alot of long distance competitions and I just kinda feel burnt out. I think I will just relax the rest of the year and get back on a regular program come winter. My main goal which is obviously on hold is to qualify for kona. I know I can I have done the times to do it just not the right races.
seanery
I've got an '00 Bianchi Veloce and an '05 Cannondale F600...unfortunately, neither get used much sad.gif

Oh yeah, forgot to add, that I'm building (have been for a while now) a hot rod cruiser bike...maybe I'll take some pics sometime.
SGB
Just like the 914, I ride the same bike forever, too. For my daily lunchtime ride at work I have the trusty Schwinn Circuit. Nothing rides like that columbus sl tubing. At home for evenings and weekends I have a Marin Verona. It is made with triangular cross-section columbus tubing. Neither bike has great history or style, but they offer everything needed using high quality components at a light wight (914?). I've had the Schwinn since 87 or so. Got the Marin a couple of years ago on ebay. My son rode my even older Sekine that I got in 74 until we got him something a little more current...
Yeah I like to ride. I like to ride alot.
But I don't get obsessive. Why, no. Look at my car. No wait, uh-oh too late.
jgara962
2001 Specialized Stumpjumper

I only ride it a few times a month though sad.gif
Sammy
schwinn 7 speed cruiser, I ride about 5 miles a day at work, up and down steep hills. Don't sound like much but I'm wearing thick nomex and it gets hot!
siverson
Me too - cyclist, triathlete, and runner...

-Steve
Midtowner
Back in 2002, I picked up a TREK 5200 in team colors from Dylan Casey - domestique for US Postal now retired. Got hit by a Toyota Corolla almost a year ago. Now riding a 2006 Trek Madone 5.2 in Discovery Channel team colors. I wish George, Popo, and Ace were doing better in the Tour this year but that's okay. Landis will wear yellow for the US! smilie_pokal.gif
Series9
Yep.

Ignore the 'R1000'. It's a full Record w/Ksyriums. About 2000 per year as well.

If I stopped drinking, I'd actually be thin. If I stopped cycling, I'd be huge.
Markeydoo
I also love to ride.
I just rode 585 miles from San Francisco to LA at the beginning of June. And no it was not all down hill..
Bikes include:
Kuota Kasno full carbon DuraAce 10
LeMond Zurich Ultegra 9
Trek Antelope (Trasher Bike)

Tring to make a custom bike rack for my teener.I have fiber glass bumpers and don't want to drill the back bumper.
Mark

turboman808
QUOTE(Midtowner @ Jul 18 2006, 04:04 PM) *

I wish George, Popo, and Ace were doing better in the Tour this year but that's okay. Landis will wear yellow for the US! smilie_pokal.gif

Well since Ulrich and Vino are out I am glad to see Landis winning. He looked awesome in 2004 and I'm kinda gathering from the coverage that he got on a very strict program to get where he is. He had a very good spring season.

Hincape always falls apart when the pressure is put on.
erikstoll
seeing this thread makes me realize i need a bike, soon
john rogers
I have a first generation Vitus aluminum (glued) road racer with Campy Super Record grupo in the garage, a Benotto track bike, a French tandem that has been repainted a couple of times and two set of titaniun rims from the old 7-11 cycling team at the 1984 olympic games in LA. Don't ride them much any more as the artheritus is getting a tad too bad.
whatabout1
Road with Lamond many many years ago.

I worked out in Sillycon Valley in the winters and would run across him in the mountains. He was just turning pro at that time. Great guy.

Then when he moved to Mn I would cross paths on the country roads around Mpls.

It was a very humbling experience when he would look over after a couple of
hours of hard riding and say, "Well I got to get some training in, take care".
Off he would go and I couldn't even hold his draft !!!

Made it to cat 2 .

Now I just mountain bike, the drivers and roads are way to scary down here in NC.

Ride an Ellsworth
Joe Ricard
commuting to work in the morning. Mountain bike with street tires.
forecast is heat index of 105.
Road bike is a cannondale 2.8 with mix mash of parts.
Demick
Trek 2300 Composite (Shimano600)
Specialized Stumpjumper (Deore)
wife has a Specialized Aluminum Crossroads Expert

I wish I hadn't sold my old CIOCC (Dura-Ace) Columbus SLX bike I had in college. That was one sweet racing machine.

Riding in the 'Tour de Moffet Field' tomorrow at lunchtime!

Demick

cooltimes
Click to view attachment
I am old (70) and my bike is showing it's age too but I still ride it from time to time. Rode it yesterday. Also fell yesterday when "got no hands" riding. LOL
It is Centurion Sport DLX and it is still very swift and a great bike to have.
I also use it with a Blackman TrakStand for indoor cycling while Winter winter blow from the North but in the high 90's today, I just looked at it.
MikeCool
Oakfield TN
1972 Porsche 914 1.7
2 bikes and inline skates. Wheeee.

smontanaro
'81 Trek 760. Full Suntour Superbe. Bought new.
Borderline
I've been riding for years but the mileage is down now. My legs are just not responding like they used to. My "new" bike is a '96 Waterford that i got after being run over by a Mazda pickup that destroyed my old Bianchi. My other bike is an old Schwinn Sierra mtn bike that I use when the weather is not so nice. I ride the local roads and there are way too many hills here. I'm putting on about 2k miles a year. I ride for my health: The two time I have been in the ER were from bicycling "accidents". smile.gif
TROJANMAN
current stable

I have a K2 Zed 4 for a mountain bike
Lemond Zurich (red and black)
And a custom Land Shark (road bike) that I built to race in college

I was pretty fast about 50 40 30 lbs ago
jd74914
I love to ride but am too cheap to buy "good" bikes so I'm always on my Mongoose rockadile and old scwinn 10 speed. I ride probably 150-200 miles per week, with about 50 of that offroad in the state parks around my house
will
quintana roo triathlon bike, timaso training bike. I have not raced in many years, but I would like to get back into shape. If you are a local and would like to take a training ride, send me a PM.
thanks,
will
Joseph Mills
Yeah, I'm a bike weenie. biggrin.gif

Competed on mountain bikes and started road riding for conditioning and discovered I liked the road also. Managed a few sweet wins over the years. Now I just challenge myself the best I can for the time I have doing T-shirt rides.

I have never found a replacement for what the bike brings to me.

Here's my bianchi with a nice wheelset waiting for me to get off work to go ride. biggrin.gif
Joseph Mills
My favorite is the Lightspeed hardtail with micro XT.

Next to it is the full suspension AMP B4 with full on XTR. It's only a pound heavier than the litespeed.
jhadler
Tipping my hand here...

Handbuilt Columbus SL frame, with Shimano600. And a Bridgestone MB-3 mountain bike. Yeah, it's been quite a while since I last bought a bike. I used to ride a good deal, rode with my college cycling team (not rated), but that was a long time ago, and a much better knee away.

-Josh2
Rand
I rode 20 miles per day for a couple years on the southern Oregon coast. Every afternoon ride home was a horrible headwind. I would rather climb a hill than fight a headwind! Every once in a while I would get a tail wind going home, which made for a fast trip. But it always meant I was going to be riding in the rain next day or two!

I got tired of road riding. I like mountain biking. Was pretty serious into that for a number of years. My dad was a partner in a mountain bike company (Interloc Racing Design). He engineered some pretty cool stuff. I still have one of their light-weight full suspension bikes, and a prototype "stroker."
Joseph Mills
Tomorrow I'm putting some new rubber on my "Yugoslobberin" folding bike I bought for 50 bucks. It only weighs about 40 lbs. Here it is with it's twin a friend owns. Yep, that's a race number on it.
MrKona
Along with a 914 in my garage, I also have:

Circa 1989 Vitus with a mix of Campy Athena and C-Record, now converted to a singlespeed

TST Ti road bike with Campy Chorus

TST Ti mountain bike with a mix of components

Kona singlespeed mountain.

I raced on the road for a couple years, stopped, and then discovered mountain biking. Raced recreationly down in California for a few years, but since moving to Oregon, haven't done much on the bike. Just tool around on the Vitus for fun, and run more than I ride these days. The more I work on the 914, the less I ride, and vice versa.
cobra94563
I ride regular in the east bay near San Francisco - Lemond Buenos Aires.

Year to date miles ... ~1600. Miles in the 914 ... -0- WTF.gif
gregrobbins
Some years more and some years less, but I have been riding since 1971.

Got a few BIKES.
eg914
I have a mid-70's Specialized in garage. I used to ride quite a bit before moving to Sacramento. Been trying to convince myself that riding in 100+ temperatures should be no problem huh.gif
Brett W
I like riding don't do as much as I used to but I still get out every now and then.

I have an Orbea with Shimano Campy Mix, a custom Jamis mountain bike and Cannondale trials bike. I have always loved trials more than anything but I got into road biking a few years ago and have really enjoyed it also.

Pics when the sun comes up.

All of my bikes live in the house, how about you guys.
Eric Taylor
What a good idea for a thread! I've just gotten back into cycling in a pretty big way this year. I rode for the school team on the road this year and have yet to finisih with the peloton:);however, i am getting in a lot better shape for mtn biking and that is where it's at right now. Jsut spent the weekend in oakridge learning some of the best trails around. Lots of fun to just get away from it all.
My bikes include a 2004 specialized Allez comp with full ultegra and a dura-ace rear.
My mtn bike is a 2005 specialized rockhopper with deore and an upgraded fork. Hope to replace this one soon with a new cannondale Rush. I'm working at a local bike shop now and hopefully that will help enough to swing the new one. Anyway cool thread, party on.
Eric
Goge
I have an old steel-frame Specialized Allez that just got me from Seattle to Portland last weekend (9000 riders this year on that ride, wow). First time for me for the STP, legs can still feel it.

I like to mountain bike better though, I have a Mrazek HT for that, which is a funky hardtail frame. All curved ovalized aluminum except for the necessary seat and steering tube straights, I like it.

-TH
Bigbohr
'05 Giant Trance 3. My first full susp MTB and I love it! Should have replaced that hardtail long ago. I try to go out at least twice a week. Here is a pic of my bike when I just brought it home. Yes, it was around X-mass time ...
Been thinking about bike rack options for my 914-8 project. That would be cool.
mrobin
wow can't believe all the VITUS you guys have...Sean Kelly forever !!!!!

nov have Colnagno Dream campy record 10
IF ti hardtail sracm x.0
Surly cross-check .my daily driver with the 914 as back up.
914efi
More miles on the bike than on the 911 so far.
wbergtho
TREK 2300 Carbon with Shimano 600
Marv's3.6six
Cycling is my passion (besides teener & P cars)
Cycling is also my business am an owner of this company.
These two bikes are both prototypes.
Root_Werks
Nothing fancy, but hell yah, I ride. smile.gif
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(Marv's3.6six @ Jul 19 2006, 09:29 AM) *

Hey Marve,

I have a couple friends that help pay for your teener parts. biggrin.gif

That mtb prototype looks much lighter than most of your bikes. Is it?

john rogers
Oh yea, my Vitus still has the leather toe straps! The track bike has dual sets on each pedal!
Marv's3.6six
QUOTE(Joseph Mills @ Jul 19 2006, 08:19 AM) *

QUOTE(Marv's3.6six @ Jul 19 2006, 09:29 AM) *

Hey Marve,

I have a couple friends that help pay for your teener parts. biggrin.gif

That mtb prototype looks much lighter than most of your bikes. Is it?

No not lighter than most, it looks a lil strange because it has 29" wheels, and its a single speed, no derailleurs. The new Sept 2006 Mountain Bike Action magzine has a test on it called: Intense re-defines big wheels
seanery
I've never ridden a big tired bike (29") what are the bene's?

Marv, I've seen your stuff around, very cool! I had no idea that you owned that. I'm very jealous!

Do you guys have any white carbon 1" riser bars? I've been looking and can't find any.

TROJANMAN
nice kickstand Marve lol2.gif
toon1
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Jul 18 2006, 05:36 PM) *

QUOTE(Midtowner @ Jul 18 2006, 04:04 PM) *

I wish George, Popo, and Ace were doing better in the Tour this year but that's okay. Landis will wear yellow for the US! smilie_pokal.gif

Well since Ulrich and Vino are out I am glad to see Landis winning. He looked awesome in 2004 and I'm kinda gathering from the coverage that he got on a very strict program to get where he is. He had a very good spring season.

Hincape always falls apart when the pressure is put on.

I would like to see Hencapie do better also, he deserves it.

I ride 200-250 miles a week, took this season off of racing due to the 914 and family issues. It is a passion.

Specialized Tarmac pro(10,000 miles in 18 months) sweet ride
Leader TT bike
Giant NRS, front and rear disc
Ritchey plexus hard tail
2 Ritchey road logics

Anyone in the area want to go on a 70mile road ride an Sat.??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.