Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 4 megasquirt threads in the 1st 18 on the page!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cap'n Krusty
Not much reason I can see for 4 threads running at the same time on what is basically the SAME topic! S'pose we could piggyback some of the stuff so we don't have to run all over the list trying to keep up with the topic? The Cap'n, grumpy as ever.
yarin
Yea blame me....

I've been off the boards for a while and just did a quick megasquirt search and responded with my $0.02. Also a bit excited that I finally can say my project was a success.

drunk.gif
crash914
Yarin, so what did you find out was the problem?

how is it running now?
Qarl
What's a Megasquirt? Will it work with my new 911? biggrin.gif
crash914
only if its yellow and you use 2 coats of wax
yarin
QUOTE(crash914 @ Jul 19 2006, 07:26 AM) *

Yarin, so what did you find out was the problem?

how is it running now?

Hey Herb,

I don't even know where to start, a series of things that led me in a loop.

After discovering and solving a stuck open injector, stuck closed injector and had all the injectors cleaned again I found my injector bank problem. There was a flux bridge on the active flyback circuity of one channel. The weird part was the signal looked perfect on a scope using the stim, but when loaded the output was bad. So that was one issue. I chased that issue for at least two months.

The turning point came one day when my brother was helping me out. I still couldn't get the idle to stabilize, it run cycle up and down from 900-1200rpm. He suggested taking the car out for a drive, so i bit the bullet and let it loose. Ran like crap for the first two minutes, bucking, sputtering, then after two minutes of either burning something in or AUTOTUNE it magically smoothed itself out. I did a minimal amount of tuning since I used someone else's tables.

After all that I ahd a bunch of non-MS issues to solve, brakes, loose shifter rod, loose rocker/valve bolt, etc etc.. small stuff u know.

I can finally proudly say that the car is running reliably. I haven't setup TPS-accel and spark is still handled by the dizzy advance. However it starts up all the time, runs almost perfectly! Car finally shifts nice, i think its pretty much ready for autox!

I lost hope a times and got busy with other stuff like starting my MBA and whatnot. But I stuck through it and have something to show for it. I hope to put up a site sometime soon with a build plan, material list, how to and all of that stuff.

Thanks for your help!
brownaar
Didn't Peter North use to be king of the Megasquirt?

av-943.gif
Gint
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jul 18 2006, 08:46 PM) *

Not much reason I can see for 4 threads running at the same time on what is basically the SAME topic! S'pose we could piggyback some of the stuff so we don't have to run all over the list trying to keep up with the topic? The Cap'n, grumpy as ever.

Good work!

smilie_pokal.gif

Now there are 5 threads on the subject.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.