Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 v Boxster
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Howard
Maybe you have seen this, and I'm sure I am stepping on someone's copywrited stuff, but courtesy of Dekman...

Howard
page 1
Howard
page 2
Howard
page 3
Howard
page 4
Howard
page 5
Howard
page 6
Howard
Imagine if they had used an updated 914/6 like Dekman's biggrin.gif
Brad Roberts
Pretty sure this article is 5-6 months old and was in a European mag if I'm correct?

B
Howard
2003. GT Magazine. I hadn't seen it before.
Brad Roberts
Damn. My memory is going away. I read the article. I thought it was great!! The person writing the article had a clue!

B
Brad Roberts
um.. the page you posted says: March 2005 at the bottom smile.gif

B
thesey914
GT mag is a breath of fresh air. Very nice design, very nice photography and the writers are not scared of upsetting the established views. (even printed on matt paper which is nice)
Howard
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jul 18 2006, 10:51 PM) *

um.. the page you posted says: March 2005 at the bottom smile.gif

B

Second thing to go.. blink.gif
TROJANMAN
the very fact we are doing a comparison with a 35 year old car tells you something about the sheer competence of the 914-6

or maybe the incompetence of the boxster chairfall.gif

GeorgeRud
Today it's 95 degrees and 90% humidity in Chicago, unfortunately an all too common occurance in the summer around here. Give a choice with Chicago traffic, I'd take the AC'd Boxster with a Tiptronic in a moment. Now, a nice sunny summer evening in the Wisconsin countryside, the 914-6 wins in an instant.

The Boxster is competant, but has no soul in my opinion.
70Sixter
The article expresses what I've felt since the Boxster arrived. Porsche is embarrassed by the 914 and 914-6 or they'd have commemoratives citing the similarities in the bloodline.

I love 'em both and leave the garage lites on low at nite hoping they'll mate.
dekman
Not bragging here...just fact: I've run against several boxster S's at Laguna Seca and did not have a problem pulling away. Also ran against a Cayman S(tracked w/ instructor driving) at same track ...stayed with him x 5 laps ('till my diff blew). smile.gif
brp914

Not bragging here...just fact: I've run against several boxster S's at Laguna Seca and did not have a problem pulling away. Also ran against a Cayman S(tracked w/ instructor driving) at same track ...stayed with him x 5 laps ('till my diff blew).

what engine you runnin'?
chrisg
[quote name='70Sixter' date='Jul 19 2006, 01:44 PM' post='732318'

I love 'em both and leave the garage lites on low at nite hoping they'll mate.
[/quote]

34 yr age difference !, a little beer3.gif may need to be involved.
70Sixter
QUOTE(chrisg @ Jul 19 2006, 06:17 PM) *

34 yr age difference !, a little beer3.gif may need to be involved.

Maybe that was how Warren Beatty and Woddie Allen did it!
hijacked.gif
dekman
Click to view attachmentEngine: a 3.0L with cosworth pistons(9.8:1) modified E cam/46 webers (~230hp per builder). (901 coming out...915wevo going in.) "Love my car!"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.