Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear bumper bolt size needed(75',76')
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nomore9one4
I need one or 2 bumper bolts or the size of the bolt for the rear 75',76' big bumper.This is the bolt that screws up from the bottom and bolts the bumper through the bumper shock. This is to finish the assembly of the 914 bar. Thanks in advance
jk76.914
I have one in my hand that measures M12 x 1.75 thread x 55mm long. I'm 90% sure that's the bolt you need. 1.75 thread is a metric fine (vs. 1.5 for metric standard). If you can confirm that's the one, I'll put it in a padded envelope and mail it off to you.

I'm also 90% sure that I have 3 more of these, and I'll send them all to you if they're correct and I can find them. They're from my '76 which I back dated to early chromes.

Jim
nomore9one4
Jim , I could use 2 bolts if you have them . I will PM you my address.Please let me know what I owe you. Thanks a million and one. Bob
grasshopper
yep, thats the size. It is impossible to find one at a hardware store. I had to have them special ordered, cause of the unusal 1.75 thread...
jk76.914
Hi Bob,

When I get home from work I'll track down another one or two, and get them in the mail to you. No charge, my pleasure.

Jim
nomore9one4
Excellent!! Thank you so much Jim. I really appreciate it. drunk.gif
jk76.914
I see where those bolts went now! Nice job. Notice I took the opportunity to clear out some other '76 rear bumper parts (license plate lamps) at the same time... heh heh heh. Good luck with the bar!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.