Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Suby motor mounts?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boogerboy72
Ive been lurking a lot recently, trying to read up on the suby conversion since its what im planning on doing to my 73 at home. Ive pretty much got everything figured out, ej20T, Megasquirt2, fidd's EDIS system (hopefully his fuel maps if he lets me have/buy them from him) and a kennedy eng adapter. That leaves mounting the motor. I was hoping someone would be really nice and post some pics of the different mounts youve made. Ive seen fidd's and it looks good, but idk if i could recreate it.

thanks guys,
clay
RoadGlue
QUOTE(boogerboy72 @ Jul 19 2006, 05:30 AM) *
That leaves mounting the motor. I was hoping someone would be really nice and post some pics of the different mounts youve made. Ive seen fidd's and it looks good, but idk if i could recreate it.

I'd check with Renegade Hybrids - http://www.renegadehybrids.com/914/914subiprices.html

They probably have one already engineered, ready to ship.

The suby guys will chime in soon...

welcome.png
plymouth37
the renegade kit is really clean, and its a bolt it! turbo914.com
TonyAKAVW
So my progress thread was already linked here, and it has the page with the dimensions I used (Its not a perfect firt, but with a shim it fits.).

Here's a picture of the finished mount bar. Cost me a total of maybe $50 to make, including having a welding shop weld it together. I powder coated the outside and painted the inside by pouring in rustoelum and sloshing it around. The aluminum inserts were machined by a friend on his milling machine. Otherwise, the pieces were all cut by hacksaw and finsished with a file.

-Tony
Carlitos Way
Dass purty
JPB
grouphug.gif Makes a hell of a sex swing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.