Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: back to Queenie's FI
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
onespeedboy
I've returned from my road trip and am gonna take another shot at Queenie's FI setup.
Can anyone help me to interpret the discrepancies I encounter between this diagram and her system?

1)diagram shows breather hose from oil filler going to a black thingy(?) and then to the plenum. Queenie's goes straight to the air cleaner. No PCV valve to be seen (where would a PCV normally live, anyhow?).

2)Diagram shows decel valve's 5mm hose routing to the same "thingy". Queenie's rig has decel valve plumbed straight to the plenum

3)Queenie's car has neither breathers in the heads nor an anti-flashback valve.

Any info welcome.
thanks
OSB
Charles Deutsch
I can't help you directly but have you downloaded the factory fuel injection manual from here ? I've been looking at mine (114 pages) and it has a huge amount of information and many photos of the fuel injection setup and it even has a troubleshooting chart. Good luck.
SirAndy
QUOTE(onespeedboy @ Oct 14 2003, 04:23 PM)
1)diagram shows breather hose from oil filler going to a black thingy(?) and then to the plenum. Queenie's goes straight to the air cleaner. No PCV valve to be seen (where would a PCV normally live, anyhow?).

2)Diagram shows decel valve's 5mm hose routing to the same "thingy". Queenie's rig has decel valve plumbed straight to the plenum

i "think" the black thingy is just a splitter. that's what they used on mine.
going to the air-cleaner directly is fine.

some engines (like mine) didn't come with the breatherholes in the heads.
soooo, no anti-flashback valve, no need to worry about that.

Andy
ChrisReale
What year is her car? I remember that some dont have PCV valves. If you want, I can take a picture of my engine compartment....might take me a bit to do that tho... The pcv valve should be on the oil filler neck base. The hose from that goes into the "elbow" that you are seeing (black rubber thing going into phlenum) The smaller of the holes on the elbow goes to the Decel valve, which looks like a fuel pressure regulator, but is by the MPS.
Queenie
QUOTE(ChrisReale @ Oct 14 2003, 05:08 PM)
What year is her car?

It's a '76, with the full complement of emissions control crapola. Hoses, hoses everywhere.
ChrisReale
Oh, my hoses would be i bit different then....you hoser laugh.gif
Queenie
QUOTE(ChrisReale @ Oct 14 2003, 05:11 PM)
Oh, my hoses would be i bit different then....you hoser

All I wanted to do was drive a fun Porsche...but I GOT HOSED!!!!

laugh.gif
Bleyseng
QUOTE(onespeedboy @ Oct 14 2003, 03:23 PM)

Any info welcome.
thanks
OSB

1.None is needed since you still have the air injection
2.Its a hard rubber elbow with two sizes of fittings for the decel valve hoses
3. It shouldn't if its still stock

Geoff
RustyWa

My turn...I actually have a '75 that had smog stuff on it.

1 - No PCV valve, '75 & '76s are different. Crankcase ventilation goes from oil (OEL) filler to large connection on air filter housing.

2 - Decel valve. 2 large connections. one on air filter housing and the other goes to the port on the plenum, below the throttle body. It's right below the MPS connection on the plenum. The small connection on for the decel valve goes right next to the large decel valve connection on the plenum.

3 - No flashback valves or breathers in the heads. Just the air injection ports, hard piped.
RustyWa
Here's a photo of my engine bay....ignore the crud.....and the poor photo editing software....
RustyWa
Here's a photo of the backside of the non-PCV valve oil filler... There is just a baffle on the back side. The hose connects upstream of the throttle plate, as my previous photo shows.
onespeedboy
thanks for your time with the photos and explanation, Eric. Very helpful.
Mica's rig is identical, save for the air injection hard lines.

Looks like I've got the charcoal can backwards. Can you confirm that the small line on the charcoal can runs out of the engine bay to the front of the car, presumably to a fuel tank vent?

I must comment that this bbs is the most active and helpful I've encountered.
Thanks again
Bleyseng
Yes, the small line off the canister runs to the fuel tank lent.
RustyWa
I'm actually not to sure I have the charcoal canister flowing the correct direction. I turned it the way I have it because the other end has a snap on lid. If I connected the air filter box to this side...it seemed to me that quite a bit of unfiltered air was getting by this lid. It leaked air around the lid when I blew air into the port....

Anyways...that's my story.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.