Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cross country 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Wide914
Im Planning on picking up a 914 advertized in the clasified section and if it turns out good I will be driving the car from Florida and driving back to Toronto, Ontario its about a 22hour drive.

Any words of wisdom?

JP.
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(Wide914 @ Jul 19 2006, 09:08 PM) *

Im Planning on picking up a 914 advertized in the clasified section and if it turns out good I will be driving the car from Florida and driving back to Toronto, Ontario its about a 22hour drive.

Any words of wisdom?

JP.

start eating so you grow some extra padding on your ass chairfall.gif

just kidding. my only advice is to have fun driving.gif

and somewhere around here exists a 914 "help list" for people across the country. maybe someone can tell you where to find it smile.gif
grasshopper
yeah, send greg robbins a PM, he should have a emergency contact list for you...he might be able to email it for such short notice... One more thing.... Hope you have AAA!
pete-stevers
do it dude!!!
my brother and i found his in new mexico.....drove it straight home.....to vancouver bc
but bring tools!!!!!!!!!!
and get a PPI before you fly.....
and lots and lots of pics
the hell hole, pass suspension console....trunks and inner and outer longs
take it home and build a six
best of luck!!!!!!!!!!
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(Wide914 @ Jul 19 2006, 10:08 PM) *

Any words of wisdom?

JP.

First, stay awake. Second, bring tools, fuses, clutch cable, role of elect wire,

100 mph tape, jack, 914 repair manual. Good Luck and have fun..
effutuo101
agree.gif
steal some of those small pillows from the airline. they will flatten out under your butt and back, but provide just a little bit extra for your bum.
Dr Evil
If you brake down near Hershey, PA look me up and I will help you. Good luck and have fun!
URY914
Where in Florida??

Ft Lauderdale area?

Paul
pfierb
Don't forget the cell phone after the CAA card that is the most important thing you can carry in a 914
Wide914
Ya Paul, ill be in ft lauderdale area it is Johnathans black sabbath car looks good from all the posts he left about his rebuild. i cant wait it looks to be a real interesting drive back. thanks for the replys lets see what happens..
Chogokin
If you break down in the Pensacola area give a hollar, there's a few of us around here driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.