Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: if only you were all here
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bernbomb914
I have seen some of the best 2 lane roads with the best views that you could imagine. Picture the Pac NW for how green it is with ourt all the trees and millions of cows and sheep mowing the vast expance of lawn. The roads are all 2 lane well paved twisty delights for a 914. Unfortuntaly I have only seen 3 porsches here in a week. 2 911s and 1 boxster.
These are roads to die for at home. Having a great Time and I am off to Australia friday morning for 2 more weeks of sightseeing. Today is my 71th birthday here. it is tomorrow there. By

Bernie driving.gif
TimT
smash.gif smash.gif

Its your 71st bday?

WOW

happy birthday to you!!!

beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif

aktion035.gif pray.gif mueba.gif aktion035.gif pray.gif

oh and some driving.gif driving.gif
SirAndy
happy b-day!

too bad you didn't mention anything about your trip earlier.
my wife's ex-husband and her son live in new-zealand.
they could have given you the non-tourist tour wink.gif

only thing i don't like anout NZ is that they drive on the wrong side of the road. oh well, i guess you could get used to that.

Andy
rick 918-S
Ya, Happy b-day! I have a good friend from New Zealand. When he lived there he owned a boat building company. (go figure) If you would have let us know you were traveling there he may have had a few sight seeing suggestions as well. Have a great time in Australia.
boxstr
Happy Birthday, To bad you didn't let any one know you were going to New Zealand. I have a friend who lives there, he has a home and 3000 acres, private golf course, yes his own on the 3000 acres. And he has more Porsches than some dealers keep in there inventory. Have fun.
CCLINGADAYMATE
Jeffs9146
Happy B-Day!! Wow, I thought I was doing well making it to 41!

Picture the Pac NW for how green it is with ourt all the trees and millions of cows and sheep mowing the vast expance of lawn.

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Jeff
redshift
Happy Birthday!

Stay away from the sheep, they lie.

wink.gif

Miles
Queenie
Happy birthday...I hope I'm still driving Porsches when I'm your age!

beerchug.gif
boxstr
It looks something like this, say hello to the cute third from the left...
KaptKaos
Watch out for Hobbits, they can run right out in the road on ya' and you won't hardly see 'em.

- Joe
Downunderman
Bernbomb,

Where are you going/what doing in OZ?

How
fiid
My girlfriend is from NZ. The roads there seem to be absolutley awesome. Problem is whenever we go there we end up stuck in some fricken rental car :-(.

Fiid.
Downunderman
Beware of the female Kiwi.
Downunderman
Sorry, I shouldn't start sledging Kiwis. The Rugby World Cup is on here at the moment and they will no doubt do very well. Third biggest sporting event on the planet.
scotty
Yeah, I can hardly wait (Watch out for England!)
Crawf
Looking OK so far, this weekend will be a test though!
fiid
Go England! (English ex-pat). Sadly most American's don't have the balls for Rugby.

Fiid.
scotty
(Fiid) Heh. Most faint when that red fluid leaks out... but we're making great strides at the high school level. It's a lot like soccer was in the early 70's. (darn Fiji!)

There are some Porsches in NZ: I saw one (1) in Wellington (very enthusiastic driver, too). It seemed to me that everyone drove a diesel of some kind when I was there (mostly Toyota 4runners)

(Bernie) Happy (belated) Birthday! You should've re-crossed the IDL so you could celebrate for 2 days!
Crawf
Sorry to correct you Soccer = Football, the US appear to be getting into their stride when it comes to both Football and Rugby, Football more so. If it continues it'll be quite worrying!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.