Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Weber 40 IDA setup baseline
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dion9146
I'm trying to get my Webers dialed in, and I used to have a good, baseline instruction sheet to start the process. But, it's nowhere to be found. Anyone have a good process documented for setting up the Webers on my 6?

Things that I remember included: disconnecting the carbs to set idle independently, start all of the idle mixture screws at the same number of turns out (1.5?), establish a baseline using the unisyn for the air correction jets, then equalize all each barrel, etc.

It's been a while since I did this, so I'm looking for the tried and true method. I've got the timing all dialed in, but I'm getting lots of popping an load-up from the carbs during my break-in period.

Thanks,

Dion
GeorgeRud
Gently turn all the idle mixture screws all the way in till they seat, then 2 full turns out on each throat.

With the linkage disconnected, set all idle air flow the same with a unisyn or other flow meter.

Back individual idle mixture screws back in till you start popping, then back out 1/4 turn.

Reconnect linkage with no pretension on any parts. This will get you close, the best thing is then to get the car to a shop with a meter that can read CO and HCs, and that will tell you the most.
Gary
There's a good review on the bird board here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.