Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche CDR 220
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
I purchased a CDR 220 a year or so ago and haven't installed it in my car. I'm thinking about getting back to work on it and will probably start with this (it's easy).

I just orderd the modular breakout cable from SW Stereo, they're setting it up with an input for my ipod using the CD Changer's input.

My question is, did you have any issues mounting it in the car? If so, how did you resolve them?

I'm replacing an Alpine CD head unit, so I know a DIN unit will fit.

thanks,
-sean
rickyhgarcia
I donĀ“t have the CDR-220, but I have the Monza...which I also bought from SW Stereo. Like you, I had to buy the harnesses from SW Stereo. The electrical connections were not a problem...I had a Hifonics amp installed in the front trunk bulkhead and everythin tested OK.

The shop restoring the car told me that the radio came without a mounting cage. This means they will have to fabricate a cage that fit behind the DIN face plate of the car. I am assuming both radios being Beckers that their back side be similar. A mounting cage from a Pioneer unit was tried, but the unit did not fit in it.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.