Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: V-8 Headers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dakotaewing
Ok guys -
What type of headers are you using in your cars ? I am looking at some ceramic coated ones on Ebay, but I wanted to get some input before I bought anything...
Brands and model #'s would be helpful....
Here is what I am looking at....
neo914-6
QUOTE(dakotaewing @ Jul 20 2006, 02:03 PM) *

Ok guys -
What type of headers are you using in your cars ? I am looking at some ceramic coated ones on Ebay, but I wanted to get some input before I bought anything...
Brands and model #'s would be helpful....
Here is what I am looking at....

I use old Corvette headers go under the axle. Don't have a ground clearance issue.

Renegade uses Sanderson which route over the axle. They are sourced from two different model/year (don't recall which)

Coated is good to keep the engine compt heat down.
v82go
I am using long tube ceramic coated headers from Summit, these are made for a early corvette and fit the 914. Originally I had uncoated ones, the ceramic coated
ones really lowered the engine compartment temps ! My are part # WLK-86008 >
part description= BJJ/CYC HEADER CERA , I paid $225.95 Hope this helps
Bob
bondo
Does anyone know if regurlar SBC headers fit an LT1? I was originally planning on using the stock manifolds, but they look heavy. Other than weight, is the benefit really worth it? I've heard that newer cast iron exhaust manifolds are much better than they used to be, but I've never heard any numbers. (they're from a 1993 firebird)
Sammy
I used the block-hugger shorty headers. Clearance wasn't an issue at all but they are not that effective from a performance standpoint. They don't cost much and are better than cast manifolds but not as good as longer equal length tube headers.
If I had to do it over again I probably would not use them, I'm only posting about them to provide another option.
wbergtho
I made my own equal length long tubes (36" primary tubes) from parts bought from Headers by Ed in Mpls, MN. I had Jet Hot put the "Blue 2000" ceramic coating on them. It really helps keep engine compartment temps lower.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.