Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SDS PEFI install, found the low idle miss!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mark Henry
“ Call him a moron and he just sits there looking moron-ly” Homer J Simpson.

Umm… tighten the ground clamp on the battery stupid.
Charles Deutsch
So how's your car running? Got any nice dyno graphs? Here's a stock 2.0 with d-jet for comparison.
redshift
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Oct 15 2003, 12:34 AM)
“ Call him a moron and he just sits there looking moron-ly” Homer J Simpson.

Umm… tighten the ground clamp on the battery stupid.

ROFL!

Good deal!

M
DNHunt
Why is it we miss the little stuff? I quess we get excited to get done after a long project and go too fast at the end. Glad to hear it's running. Have fun tuning it. I hope you can get it tuned easier than me. I kept going over and over the same thing. The next time I'll get it close enough to get it to a dyno and finish it there. Save a lot of time and be a lot safer on the road.

Way to go smilie_pokal.gif

Dave
Mark Henry
Dave, so far I only have a bit of seat/programming time but you wouldn’t believe how well SDS "rough" programmed this unit.

I have not touched any fuel values yet! They are very close to being bang on!!! This system rocks!

I've had to set my TP, fuel cut, accel, minor timing and etc. but that’s it so far.

The only downside so far is the bulky connectors they use and no real quick disconnect.
DNHunt
That sounds great. What are the air /fuel ratios like. Mine bounced around quite a bit when I was tuning on the road. Dyno cleaned that up. I suspect their preloaded program would be pretty steady. If you look at the A/F readings from your O2 sensor and they are bouncing around, don't get too excited. If it samples like mine it wavers some naturally. On the dyno O2 meter we got the A/F curve pretty steady, but mine onboard O2 still bounces around.

Anyway, if it is like mine, if you are happy with the way it drives and the A/F is pretty good (even if it is bouncing around) don't change the fuel map unless you have a real good reason (like a second O2 reading).

I'm not sure I'm making much sense. Don't try to tweak out the small bounces in the A/F curve, its the trend of the curve that is important.

Dave
Mark Henry
Dave, I know exactly what you’re talking about.

My A/F curve is real flat. For now I’m leaving well enough alone.

My Haltec A/F meter is rock solid on the second green (rich) LED when flat cruising or accelerating. (30 LED’s 10 red (lean) 10 yellow, and 10 green)
I’ve never seen it this steady on carbs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.