Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CIS parts for a Six
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lapuwali
Looking over the CIS that came on the 2.7 I recently bought, it's missing a few things, like the accumulator, a pump, and the lines that connect them all together. The fittings on the lines are no doubt an impossible to find in the US metric size. So, I'm wondering if it's worth it to try and dig up these parts, or just switch to EFI sooner.

Some of the plastic lines also look a bit iffy, so I'm leery of using them for long, if at all. I remember a thread some time back that mentioned sources of this plastic tubing (for injectors, the WUR connections, and the fuel pump connections), but I can't seem to find it again.

Any thoughts here? Anyone have any cheap CIS parts they want to get rid of?
Allan
Post a WTB ad in the 911 classifieds on the Pelican board.

Those guys sell complete CIS systems for cheap.
Sammy
A trip to the junk yard will prolly get you most of what you need fer cheeeep. those parts are not porche specific, most CIS cars with similar displacement will be good donor candidates.
Joe Bob
Try SLITs.....or simply go with carbs.... blink.gif
lapuwali
Definitely not going with carbs...

The EFI angle is looking cheaper than I expected. bitzRacing sells bungs to allow EFI injectors to plug into CIS runners for $20 ea. Generic injectors are $30 ea. Fuel rail stock is $20/ft. It's looking like I can assemble the bits I need for about $600. I already have an MS ECU I was originally planning on only running EDIS with, but I can do fuel and spark instead.

This also means I can remove a lot of the CIS stuff and may not even have to remove my engine lid latch and go with hood pins...
Joe Bob
Whose EDIS are you using?

I picked up a 4 cylinder one from a Ford 1.9....
lapuwali
There's a shop called Boost Engineering that sells used EDIS stuff they pull for you for a pretty good price. No having to stand out in the hot sun trying to bust that bolt loose, or cursing because you left some essential tool in your garage 30 miles away. The EDIS6 module probably comes from an Exploder.

I need to talk to Mueller about some machining...
Joe Bob
Yeah I've had some contact with that guy...he's out of town and I'm waiting for the dizzy plug I already paid for as well as the crank pully with ring....
Dr Evil
Hey James,
It was me that had the breaking lines and 914-8 told me to go to Napa and get the teflon stuff. I had to go to one 3 towns over to get it, but it was like $10 for 25ft. The banjo fittings, and accumulator could probably be had at a junk yard. The banjos at least.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.