Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Emergency Broadcast System Alert
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Toast
I just heard an official Emergency Broadcast System Alert for sever thunderstorms in North Centeral Los Angeles and Landcaster! This is the first EBS that I have ever heard that was not a "test".

Best wishes to those who live in this warning area! Get to safety!! hands.gif
Allan
Got some nasty stuff heading this way from the east... sad.gif
Cap'n Krusty
You probably live almost as close to Lancaster as he does ...................... The Cap'n
jim_hoyland
I can see huge thunderheads forming over the moutains down here in Seal Beach; these are bigger than any I've seen...
HeloMech
QUOTE(Toast @ Jul 20 2006, 04:57 PM) *
This is the first EBS that I have ever heard that was not a "test".

Yeah, same here.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jul 20 2006, 05:05 PM) *

I can see huge thunderheads forming over the moutains down here in Seal Beach; these are bigger than any I've seen...

You have mountains in Seal Beach? OC has grown a LOT since I was a kid. Of course, that was back before the beginning of recorded history ............ The Cap'n
SLITS
The cell is headed North and is around Santa Clarita / Lancaster.

Nice RED on the radar....enjoy the summer shower. dry.gif
fiid
Severe Thunderstorm Warning Update

/O.CON.KLOX.SV.W.0011.000000T0000Z- 060721T0030Z/ LOS ANGELES- 450 PM PDT THU JUL 20 2006

...A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 530 PM PDT FOR NORTH CENTRAL LOS ANGELES COUNTY INCLUDING THE CITIES OF PALMDALE AND LANCASTER...

AT 445 PM PDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR CONTINUED TO INDICATE A LINE OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS EXTENDING ACROSS PALMDALE AND LANCASTER...EXTENDING NORTHWARD TO ROSAMOND NEAR THE KERN COUNTY LINE. THESE STORMS WILL BE CAPABLE OF PRODUCING NICKEL SIZE HAIL AND DAMAGING WINDS IN EXCESS OF 60 MPH. IN ADDITION...THESE STORMS WILL LIKELY PRODUCE HEAVY RAINFALL AND ASSOCIATED STREET FLOODING... AS WELL AS DANGEROUS CLOUD TO GROUND LIGHTNING. THIS LINE OF STORMS WILL MOVE THROUGH THE CITIES OF LANCASTER AND PALMDALE...AFFECTING HIGHWAY 14.

CALIFORNIA HIGHWAY PATROL AND SEVERAL SPOTTERS HAVE INDICATED HAIL...GUSTY WINDS...AND HEAVY RAINFALL WITH ASSOCIATED STREET FLOODING.

IN ADDITION TO LARGE HAIL AND DAMAGING WINDS...CONTINUOUS CLOUD TO GROUND LIGHTNING IS OCCURRING WITH THIS STORM. MOVE INDOORS IMMEDIATELY! LIGHTNING IS ONE OF NATURES NUMBER ONE KILLERS. REMEMBER...IF YOU CAN HEAR THUNDER...YOU ARE CLOSE ENOUGH TO BE STRUCK BY LIGHTNING.

LAT...LON 3481 11848 3434 11828 3445 11775 3488 11810

Doesn't sound fun....
Toast
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jul 20 2006, 05:05 PM) *

You probably live almost as close to Lancaster as he does ...................... The Cap'n

It rained here all day, but nothing terrible. A small rock slide on the back side of Big Bear. Luckily no lightning to start more fires!
LowGT
If you don't want it, you can send it over here. smile.gif
Aaron Cox
shoot.. 104 in pomona by 10am (surveyor duties outdoor....)

and worked at the pool from 1 to 9 no rain here.

AA
Toast
Your season is comming..... biggrin.gif
grasshopper
Damn, you guys really dont get much weather out there do you?? A sever thunderstorm warning?? Try having a tornado go about fourty yards past your house
Dr Evil
I was just thinking the same thing, Barry. biggrin.gif I was the same way last year when I still lived on the left coast. Day before yesterday we had a storm pop up and rip a few trees into some houses. Standard here in the summer. blink.gif
Flat VW
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jul 20 2006, 10:08 PM) *

(surveyor duties outdoor....)

You mean 'stick holder', don't ya? spank.gif

John wavey.gif

P.S. We will have some of that rain here also, hold the lightning and thunder though... blink.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(Flat VW @ Jul 21 2006, 07:33 AM) *

John wavey.gif

P.S. We will have some of that rain here also, hold the lightning and thunder though... blink.gif

From all documented reports, Aaron is really gud at holding his stick.

The monsoons are coming John.....little 'lectricity to help you heal....Now go stand in your front yard with your putter held high over your head.
Sammy
There's a reason we get all het up when the humidity gets to 55%, temperature gets close to 100, or we have lighting and thunder. it's cause we aint used to it and aint supposed to have it. that's what we pay all them high real estate prices fer, so we doan have to deal with weather.

It's supposed to be 82 degrees, sunny, 3 mph breeze, and 20% humidity here. Every day.

If we lived in thunder alley we would expect thunder. iffn we lived in tornado alley.... well...... wink.gif
Toast
and if we lived in Florida..... laugh.gif
wink.gif
Dr Evil
"It never rains in Southern California....it pours, man it pours"
SLITS
Mike sorta resembles Albert Hammond..doesn't he!
Sammy
Who?
SLITS
QUOTE(Sammy @ Jul 21 2006, 03:17 PM) *

Who?

Ass-dragger owners would have no clue.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jul 21 2006, 07:55 AM) *

QUOTE(Flat VW @ Jul 21 2006, 07:33 AM) *

John wavey.gif

From all documented reports, Aaron is really gud at holding his stick.

someone has to do it.... LOL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.