Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My New Ride - Barn Find
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
apcook
Well, it's finally home!!! I have been secretly lurking looking for a project 914 to keep my 911SC company in the shop. I stumbled across this one out of the blue, and after seeing it, decided this was the one.

I am the third owner. The original owner had it for 21 years, and the second since then. The original owner sold it due to illness to his freind, who I aquired it from. It had been parked for about 8 years before the original owner sold it. The second owner drove it for two years and last had it on the road in 1995. Since then, it has been in his shop keeping his 12 other classic european sports cars company.

He collects vintage Triumphs, and not knowing anything about Porsches, he never did anything with it.

The orginal owner did a fresh rebuild on the engine right before selling it. Not sure why at 76000 miles, but he did. The p[erson I got it from said the original owner was very picky about his cars. The mileage is even documented through service receipts. Not to mention, I even have the original owners manual.

So, here I am, now the happy owner of a 74 914 2.0, 76000 miles, unmolested, original Porsche. I am estatic. I realize it isn't as pretty as some, but I think the wait was worth it. Everything in the car works. Lights, windows, etc... it still has the factory plastic clips to store the top with. I found this amazing.

The pan is SOLID and the longitudinals are SOLID. Minor soft spot above the rear tail light. That's it. Original owner did a crappy respray, but that is OK. It will get a new one soon. The interior is exceptionally nice given the age. It has its quirks, but is a solid survivor who finally made it to a good home.

Thanks for the opportunity to share my excitement. I look forward to interacting with members of this board. Have a great night.

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
smile.gif
MecGen
Yu Da Man smilie_pokal.gif

Looks like a real score, now your screwwd, weekends are gone alfred.gif

And of course

welcome.png

Later
beerchug.gif

Joe Bob
Nice find.....
914Sixer
I love those barn finds!! Many lost hours of parts scrounging has yet to begin.
drewvw

great score....as long as she's together and fun to drive who cares!

welcome.png fellow new englander!
apcook
Thanks guys. Appreciate the good comments.
As for the weekends being gone, and hours of scrounging parts...been there, doing that. My 914 will keep my 78 SC company in the shop. Look at the pic, and you'll see just how used to loooong weekends and parts scrounging I am.

Click to view attachment

And just so I don't get withdrawals from my Porsches, I have this. Not another Porsche, but at least it is German.

Click to view attachment
G e o r g e
welcome.png

nice find

now you need a parts car

and a roller for a future project biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
Pat Garvey
Goodo - right color too. Willommen! welcome.png
mikelsr
Congrats and welcome.png

I bought my first one a little over a year ago and now I am on my second one. Good luck on both!

Mike
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(George H. @ Jul 20 2006, 06:15 PM) *

welcome.png

nice find

now you need a parts car

and a roller for a future project biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

He has a parts car, what was it, oh yah a 78 911 SC. smile.gif
Lou W
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jul 20 2006, 06:02 PM) *

agree.gif

welcome.png
stephen7
QUOTE(Lou W @ Jul 20 2006, 09:09 PM) *

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jul 20 2006, 06:02 PM) *

agree.gif

welcome.png

love those finds!

How much was it?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.