Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 73 fuel pump
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
HeloMech
FINALLY found the fuel filter. I don't see any arrows or anything on it. The one I bought locally shows in/out. Which side does the fuel enter the filter from? There's the short hose to what appears to be the fuel pump and then a long one that heads towards the center tunnel.

thanks
Cap'n Krusty
FROM the tunnel , through the special 2 sizes hose, into the filter, then TO the pump.

The Cap'n
HeloMech
well that was a huge mess for nothing. The filter I bought has the same size ports at both ends. The stock one has one large and one small. However... I learned that the stock filter is apparently clear. No debris came out and fuel moved through it FAST. The hose from the tank is old crappy stuff with a mercedes emblem on it. Needs to be replaced.
HeloMech
I'm confused. My car is a 73. PP shows the filter that I have 8mm/12mm for 75-76 cars. The 70-74 1.7L shows a round one with two 8mmOD connections. Grrr!!!
So.Cal.914
It both sucks and blows, thats why I run carbs. w00t.gif
Dave_Darling
The "little-little" filter is the stock part. It requires a special (and expensive!) "adaptor hose" between the filter and the center tunnel line. The "big-little" filter is a popular swap, because you don't need the special adaptor hose.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.