Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FFC 2006 Check In
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
Doug Leggins
Welcome! I haven't put much into this yet but we have plenty of time to set up a great event.

Here is a quick list of items that I think that we need to cover.

1) Where are we going to have the event? Columbus, Nashville, Bloomington, anywhere else?
2) Once where is nailed down, my wife Susan is willing to help with setting up hotel arrangements and likely some other planning aspects, lunch, dinner ....
3) Fun run route
4) Do we have a tech session?
5) Goody bags
6) Door prizes
7) Sponsorship(s)?
8) T-shirts?
9) tech quiz
10) Show and shine w/ awards
11) Awards banquet
12) Registration -website?

Other items?

Who can help and with what items?
Doug Leggins
I sent PM's to Sean, Mark, Garold, Dan & Geoff. Is there anyone else that should be included in the event planning?

So far, it looks like the date may be October 13, 14 & 15.
seanery
You may put a call out to volunteers on the main forum page if you want more folks.

I can help with:
T-shirts & Logo Design and getting a new Tech Quiz from DD or Brad.

After we pick a place, I can help with fun run & show'n'shine stuff if need be.

I suck at:
Asking for $, I'm not so bad at asking for product, so if need be, I can help solicit door prizes.
mudfoot76
I like that weekend in October.

Columbus/Nashville is a nice area. Bloomington would be good too, except there is a home football game that day (vs Iowa). Hotels in Bton might be scarce that weekend....

What about potential locations farther south? Is that big hotel at West Baden Springs open yet? I'm not very familiar with the areas south of Columbus/Bloomington, but I've been on some really fun roads down there. And I hear that there are some quaint B&Bs or little resorts that might be nice. The Columbs Inn was very nice too though, and they were very accomodating when I was there in '04. Just throwing out ideas...

I'd be happy to help with fun run(s). A tech session would be nice, but I don't know enough to impart much of anything useful about 914s. I can check with some locals about donations for goody bags. Griot's Garage has a huge warehouse on the westside of Indy (near the airport) and they have hosted some wonderful sessions on how to detail a car. If this sounds like a possibility, I could scout a fun run route from a starting point (Bton, Nash, Columbs, etc) and have it end @ griot's. And even if the group didn't end up at there, griot's might still donate little prize bags. They gave out some neat stuff to our spring DE event participants.

There was an idea to try one of the high speed karting tracks around the area. That would also be fun to do.

So I am just rambling now. It is late, time for sleep. If any of this sounds good please let me know...
GaroldShaffer
Hey guys that weekend works for us also. clap56.gif We are in sunny Solana Beach CA right now, but when we get back I can work on begging for $$ and door prizes.

As far as locations it doesn't matter to me. Maybe if we could get Brad Mayuer to come he could do a tech session for us????

I will be back home monday and will check in then.

Have fun.....

PS 8 days in CA and NOT ONE 914 has been seen, what is up with that?????
Engman
I am cool with that weekend.

I also suggest Brad M. for a possible tech session - let him pick out what he wants to cover - perhaps do it at Dougs?

I can do the awards - need artwork soon! Time to get stuff off the laser has gotten longer.

Do not know how much more I can do - I have three new machines in developement.

M

Pnambic
That weekend works for me too. Since the 15th is my birthday, I can use that trump card to make sure I'm there. biggrin.gif I can do a registration form/web site for it. I'm open to locations as well, though I don't have experience off the beaten path down there to suggest anything.

As for asking for stuff, I don't have one of those really good voices that will get you anything. A smooth, soothing voice perhaps, but a commanding voice? Nope. I'll volunteer to help with the tracking of who donated what and stuff like that though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.