Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adjusting valves - DYI?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
apcook
Hot tough is it to adjust the valves in a 74 2.0? Any hints or pointers?
TINCAN914
There is probabely something in the classic sectio, and I know there are many more qualified then me to answer your question, but I know Pelcian has a technical section with very specific directions on adjusting valves...
nycchef
QUOTE(apcook @ Jul 20 2006, 06:14 PM) *

Hot tough is it to adjust the valves in a 74 2.0? Any hints or pointers?

not complicated but uncomfortable as hell. try to get some lift time. check out DNHunt post "my shot at explaining valve adjustment on a 4 pot" in the archives . got me through my adjustment.
wertygrog
I just did mine for the first time using the pelican parts article. I had no problems at all, and I'm just out of High School! The trickiest thing was getting the metal clips back on the valve covers after the adjustment. The trick was to plug both ends of the wire into the heads, then swivel the wire up and over the covers using a screwdriver...good luck! smile.gif

brent
URY914
There are enough guys here to get you through it (and anything else for that matter)

Go fer' it
So.Cal.914
Do a search, one of the guys did a great thread on this. I remove the rear tires

and it makes it easer to get to them. But thats just me.
blitZ
Search for the Capn's method in the classic section, it's the best.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.