Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GGR/Zone7 AX school
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
DanT
Why is there only 1 914 out of 90 slots available? sad.gif dry.gif

Kind of a weak showing blink.gif

It will be a great weekend....I have a great bunch of instructors working in my group this year.

Actually several 914 pilots.....even someone that has gone to the dark side for the time being (BillP.)

Luckily I didn't get Bill and Randal together...that would have been too much to handle biggrin.gif Just kidding... smile.gif

With all the 914s in norcal I would have thought there would have been at least 4 or 5 in attendance... confused24.gif
Randal
QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Jul 20 2006, 09:44 PM) *

Why is there only 1 914 out of 90 slots available? sad.gif dry.gif

Kind of a weak showing blink.gif

It will be a great weekend....I have a great bunch of instructors working in my group this year.

Actually several 914 pilots.....even someone that has gone to the dark side for the time being (BillP.)

Luckily I didn't get Bill and Randal together...that would have been too much to handle biggrin.gif Just kidding... smile.gif

With all the 914s in norcal I would have thought there would have been at least 4 or 5 in attendance... confused24.gif

I'd been glad to work in your team Dan.
nine14cats
Reporting for duty Sir! thumb3d.gif

I Looked at the instructor pairings and it looks like I have a couple who are sharing a Boxster....allright!.....mid-engined and another couple to try and convince to come on out as a team! driving-girl.gif .... driving.gif

What time are you guys getting there? Doug and Neil told me to bring my trailer to house the lunch line and since Fritz is in there, we'll have a car to flog with the students.... burnout.gif

Looks like I only have Saturday duty since I signed up late to instruct....you guys have both days. I'll work on JLO Sunday. smash.gif

Bill P.
DanT
Would have been great to have you on my team Randal....

I am planning on getting there between 6:30 and 6:45. We have to set up the double box and a skid pad.

I want the 2X box to be pretty large this year if we have enough room. I want to make it pretty wide also..

I would like it to be at least 75-100 feet, or more, on each side and at least 25-30 feet wide (driving area).

I was wondering why you were only assigned for Saturday Bill. I can't believe they had an over abundance of instructors....that hasn't happened in years.

See you guys early at Candlestick like every other year. biggrin.gif

Randal
QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Jul 21 2006, 08:27 AM) *

Would have been great to have you on my team Randal....

I am planning on getting there between 6:30 and 6:45. We have to set up the double box and a skid pad.

I want the 2X box to be pretty large this year if we have enough room. I want to make it pretty wide also..

I would like it to be at least 75-100 feet, or more, on each side and at least 25-30 feet wide (driving area).

I was wondering why you were only assigned for Saturday Bill. I can't believe they had an over abundance of instructors....that hasn't happened in years.

See you guys early at Candlestick like every other year. biggrin.gif

Good idea on the 2X box Dan. If it's small the students don't feel the result (or error) of their ways....

I'll be up there by 7:00AM with the trailer.

nine14cats
I'll get there between 6:30am and 7:00am as well to help setup.

See you guys there!

Bill P.
Randal
QUOTE(nine14cats @ Jul 21 2006, 01:29 PM) *

See you guys there!

Bill P.

Should I bring the pop ups?
nine14cats
QUOTE(Randal @ Jul 21 2006, 03:19 PM) *

See you guys there!

Bill P.

I've got (2) EZ ups in the trailer. I doubt we will need Fritz since these are exercises instead of a course on Saturday, but it's too hot to unload so we'll stuff the 911 over in the corner of the parking lot if need be. We can use the trailer and the EZ ups to cover the food and drinks.

Bill P.
DanT
QUOTE(nine14cats @ Jul 21 2006, 04:57 PM) *

See you guys there!

Bill P.

I've got (2) EZ ups in the trailer. I doubt we will need Fritz since these are exercises instead of a course on Saturday, but it's too hot to unload so we'll stuff the 911 over in the corner of the parking lot if need be. We can use the trailer and the EZ ups to cover the food and drinks.

Bill P.

You're right Bill. You won't need Fritz on Saturday unless you want to play on the exercises at Lunch time....

I tend to not even drive my car on Sundays anymore...this weekend is really for the students. If they want a demo...I do it in their car so they learn more. I have never felt doing demo rides in a fully prepped race/AX car was very informative for a student driving a stock street car. I take them out in their own car and show them what the car is capable of in the hands of someone more experienced. That tends to give them more information IMHO blink.gif

Weather report looks as though it is going to be pretty warm out on the tarmac this weekend. Hope the wind stays calm...

See you in the early AM.
Randal
QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Jul 21 2006, 05:15 PM) *

QUOTE(nine14cats @ Jul 21 2006, 04:57 PM) *

See you guys there!

Bill P.

Bill P.

You're right Bill. You won't need Fritz on Saturday unless you want to play on the exercises at Lunch time....

I tend to not even drive my car on Sundays anymore...this weekend is really for the students. If they want a demo...I do it in their car so they learn more. I have never felt doing demo rides in a fully prepped race/AX car was very informative for a student driving a stock street car. I take them out in their own car and show them what the car is capable of in the hands of someone more experienced. That tends to give them more information IMHO blink.gif

Weather report looks as though it is going to be pretty warm out on the tarmac this weekend. Hope the wind stays calm...

See you in the early AM.

Your is the correct answer Dan, but some students really understand where they need to go when they have a ride in a very fast car.

Right, it's better to show them what their car will do, but it not nearly as much fun happy11.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.