Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Note to self: TAKE THE ROCKERS OFF YEARLY
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DNHunt
These rockers have only been off once since 1982. That was in 1993. I got enough dirt to add to my vegetable garden. All in all I think I got off lucky

Dave

Left long
DNHunt
Right side
DNHunt
Jack point has some small bubbles. I'll see more clearly after steamm cleaning today
DNHunt
More of a problem under the jack point. The nut on the insde is gone of the hole is enlarged and stripped. Not sure about what to do here, do I clean it up and Por-15 or cut into it? I suspect there is more inside but I've never done this before.

Dave
rhodyguy
who is steaming it for you dave? time for some self etching primer and color match rattle can? canyon auto body supply is about a mile from my house. their turn around time is only an hour or 2.

kevin
DNHunt
Kevin

I'm going to the same guy you went to 10AM today. Damn, I wish the dirt in my garden was that good.

Dave
rhodyguy
he's a hoot. you'll see what i mean. he does a good job. this is the right move. you'll be starting your adventure on a clean car. call canyon (if you want) this am, and save yourself a trip. there is a model store just up the road from the steam cleaner, behind the chevron. i wish i was going to be home. things are happening for me these days. i'll tell you in person. should have told you on the phone last night.

kevin
redshift
Every week, I spray out the rockers from the rear wheel openings, aiming forward, close in to the car, and upish.

About once every couple months, I am shocked to see the Mississippi delta form up under the car, and head for the drain.

M
DNHunt
Miles

That's a darned good idea. I add that to my car washing routine.
Air_Cooled_Nut
Okay you guys, quit posting pictures of rust and other nasty surprises you find on your cars. It's really making me dread tearing mine apart ohmy.gif smile.gif
TheCabinetmaker
I installed a pair of newly redone rocker panels 4 months ago. I took the passenger side off today to remove the old ac lines, and was amazed at the half pint of dirt and crap that had accumlated in that short time. Pull em and clean em at least every six months. Your longs will thanks you!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.