Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pictures of your engine mounts please
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
soloracer
I was wondering if you guys would mind posting pictures of the engine mount/subframe assemblies that you used to mount your engine of choice into a 914. V8, Audi, Subaru, you name it I would like to see it. My rotary engine has two mounts that are towards the rear of the engine. It looks like the strongest place to mount an engine bar would be on the stock 914 mounting points near the front of the trailing arms. I'm just wondering how you guys did it. I'll be sure to post pictures of the progress being made on my car. Thanks.
banksyinoz
piratenanner.gif

hey there you might want to use both the side mounts from the later / your engine and also source a front cover from an earlier 12a or 13b with the front mounting points the are all similar aqnd all the oil pump assembly will fit, major diff is the water pump u will have to use an older pump , this is the process we have used on the new engines in the old cars r1oo rx2+3 etc the engine in the pic (that u have seen before ) has a plate from the front to the centre plate with the bearing carrier to help stop the flex at the crank/eccentic shatf at this piont

i would love to see this rocket in action

beerchug.gif
soloracer
We thought about that and we also thought about putting a baffle plate in the oil pan with ears that stick out past the pan that could be used as mounting points. Thanks for the photo.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.