Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche to run NASCAR 2009?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dekman
Is this bullshit or could this article be real? Excellence Sept. '06 article talks about Porsche running a full race V8 Panamera sedan in NASCAR! The article reads a little funky though so may be I'm "mentally simple." What do you think? WTF.gif
Hybrid_Teener
shrug, IIRC Porsche did NASCAR way back in the early days.. and they do LeMans of course, and rally.. I can't see why they wouldn't go for it.

Maybe they'll bring back some sort of 928? or maybe release a boxer 8?
grasshopper
Oh god no, NOOOOOOO!!!!!! I HATE NASCAR! It is racing for rednecks.
seanery
there is a tongue deeply buried in a cheek in that article.

I was wondering who was gonna post first about it.

btw...don't be surprised if Pete asks you to remove the scan...he does like folks to buy a magazine to read it ya know wink.gif
dweymer
QUOTE(grasshopper @ Jul 21 2006, 02:15 AM) *

now thats just not nice young grasshopper...better to say the people with a turn right dissability HEHE
How goes the car?
neo914-6
Love that Gutwrench, LMAO! chairfall.gif

Maybe "Kraugens" will sponsor them too.

NASCAR has some funny and colorfull history...
McMark
Dekman, the articles in any magazine are why people spend money on them. That money is why the magazines are in business. Scanning an article for everyone to read without paying undermines the whole point of why Excellence exists.
dekman
Mark, understand now that I should not have posted the article. But I don't think that would have undermined Excellence(an excellent magazine). My point here is to ask if this is a legitimate article? David Murry(driver)?, "Frying Gizzards Motorsports"?, Norbert Singer designing the mirrors for the NASCAR Panamera?, etc. Anyone else think this sounds silly? cool_shades.gif
D1A3
My friends brother is a team owner in NASCAR and races at lest two cars every Sunday. I'll see what if any truth there is to this and post back. If there is ANY posssibility of this, they will know...

BTW: If it happens, who drives it? Boris Said?
Root_Werks
QUOTE(grasshopper @ Jul 20 2006, 11:15 PM) *

agree.gif

Porsche already has thier friggen SUV and even talks about a 4 door sedan. I hope they stay away from Nascar. sad.gif
Richard Casto
It is a joke. The only thing missing was a "gotcha!" at the end or it being in the April issue. It was just a follow up to the previous article about Porsche being in NASCAR back in 1968 (?) as part of a short lived series that allowed under 2L cars.

Buy the magazine! smile.gif
Howard
Funny stuff av-943.gif IMHO it's good advertising for the magazine, credit given, etc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.