Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PACNW fun cruise
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ablose58
Hello all, I am going to try to get a bunch of teeners to get together on sunday the 30th of july for a nice little fun cruise driving.gif out on the olympic peninsula the reason I am trying to get some of you together is that my lovely daughter Jennifer is coming out to vacation with me so I thought a fun cruise would be a blast for all! Depending on the turn out I may even spring for lunch for all attendees. Please post if interested boldblue.gif AL
ablose58
OH I forgot to mention, either we can go to the coast or to hurricane ridge,we can stop at fat schmitty's for some burgers, they are pretty good!
cheers drunk.gif AL
DNHunt
Al

I'm a maybe. My daughter is leaving for camp that day

Dave
ablose58
COOL, DAVE , I hope you can make it chowtime.gif clap56.gif
Bruce Allert
Hey Dave, if ya go maybe you can put a starter in a car that's in need too. It'd be De' Ja Vue! laugh.gif

.....b
mstein95
As long as the cruise doesn't take us 6,000ft up some mountain I'm game. owned.gif
Root_Werks
I might be in as well. Got to see if I can get the motor back in my car by then. Still waiting on my cams.
Air_Cooled_Nut
Bummer, can't do it. Got a VW event that weekend (very much like the WCC but for Type 3's only).
dinomium
I have a PUDDLE of oilo under my car right now! sad.gif I have not even looked to see where it is coming from...

I will be the mabey colum for awhile. Sounds fun though! 101 along the canal is a great drive...
DNHunt
Consider around the loop. Long day but, some great roads.

Dave
ablose58
OK, Let's do the loop as dave suggests driving.gif I will let you all know where to meet up at later in the week unless someone has a good suggestion?? aktion035.gif AL
DNHunt
You probably need an early start. It's a long way around. Look at a map. You might get a chance to stop and see John Kelly. Klalock is really cool. Good twisties up by the Straights.

Dave
Gary
Definitely a long day - did the Aberdeen to Port Townsend leg in about 4 hours beating feet a few weeks back. Busted a CV the next morning - still need to get on that. Absolutely gorgeous scenery - couldn't believe how much forest is out there. Crystal Lake is pristine. Would have liked to make time to see Hurricaine Ridge, but was trying to make a B&B by sundown.
ablose58
icon_bump.gif for fun!!!!!!
teen914
i might want to ride with my dad
ablose58
The more the merrier burnout.gif laugh.gif
rjames
I'd be all over this, but I'm getting married the night before. Will keep my eyes peeled for more group rides though!
ablose58
boldblue.gif ANYBODY else interested ?????????????? icon_bump.gif
dinomium
QUOTE(ablose58 @ Jul 24 2006, 09:10 PM) *

boldblue.gif ANYBODY else interested ?????????????? icon_bump.gif

sorry, guys but the family is wanting to see me or some crap! wink.gif Have fun for me...
ablose58
icon_bump.gif
messix
sorry, i gotta work on sunday.
DNHunt
Here is the proposed route. It's a long day but great scenery.

Dave
Bleyseng
I'm a maybe at this point. What time are you meeting in GigHarbor?

DNHunt
It has to be early. 8 at the latest.

Dave
ablose58
OK now, We will be going on a shorter cruise mostly around the hood canal loop smile.gif
Dave hunt will be posting a map and we will all be meeting at a place called CRAZY ERICS DRIVE INN in belfair that is located on the hill going into belfair coming from GORST. We will be meeting up at 10:00 am and I will be there earlier waiting for the crew to show up piratenanner.gif Lunch will be my treat @ fat schmitty's on route 104 around the halfway point driving.gif I want to thank all in advance for coming out for the cruise !!!!! It means an awful lot to me clap56.gif
AL
mstein95
What's the new route? driving.gif

DNHunt
New route. The area in the hook of Hood Canal has plenty of twisties. This is much more manageable with some time to rest the butt. Great scenery. Hoodsport has a winery. Maybe some Hood Canal oysters for a snack somewhere. And there are plenty of neat little side trips if we get a wild hair to take a flyer.

Dave boldblue.gif
Rocky
I had previous plans Al headbang.gif Will see if I can get out!
Beware cops around Lilliwaup ph34r.gif
ablose58
OK, now we have a route and a meeting place now I need a confirmed headcount headbang.gif This should be FUN ! AL icon_bump.gif
Gary
Just got the new CV in, but will need to work Sunday. Have fun guys - hopefully next time.
ablose58
icon_bump.gif Last bump for me, I will be seeing whoever shows up on sunday morning @ crazy eric's drive in sunday morning. I can't check mail at home cause my computer at home is toasted blink.gif AL
mstein95
I'm pretty sure I will be there. May bring one of my daughters as well.
Is Kevin coming? Did he get his ride repaired and off the jackstands?

DNHunt
Here's the Meeting Pllace. Crazy Eric's in Belfair at 10 AM
DNHunt
We made the trip. All the way around hood Canal. 3 cars and six people. Great scenery and grub.
DNHunt
Gerry took this sweet pic
DNHunt
The obligatory mirror shot
DNHunt
Yuck rain.
mstein95
Nice pics Gerry and Dave. Thanks

Hannah and I had a great time. Had to take her across the narrows bridge on the way back (she asked that I never do that again). unsure.gif

Thanks again for the lunch Al. chowtime.gif It was a pleasure meeting Jennifer.

On a side note - my wife agrees that my tailpipe sticks out too far. huh.gif
I guess I have this sawzall-smiley.gif to look forward to.
ablose58
Sorry for the late reply but Jennifer and I were out wilderness backpacking and she just lefy Seattle to go back to Allentown ,PA. She said she had a ball, and thought you guys and gals were great smilie_pokal.gif Again my sincerest thanks to all who showed up and we'll have to do it again sometime soon laugh.gif AL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.