Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WB O2 monitoring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lmcchesney
A few questions regarding WB O2 monitoring.
When using the monitor to adjust you engine, is the data stored somewhere with cooralation with rpm/throtle position? Or is it just displayed and you have to record the associated data?
Does the feed the information into the ECU like megasquirt, and the ECU adjust the A/F ratio for optimal operating?
What setup has been found to be reliable and afforable?
Thanks again,
Larry
lapuwali
Depends on the ECU and WB02 setup you choose. Megasquirt will (with a laptop) log EVERYTHING, and you can display graphs correlating everything together, including what the WB02 sensor reports. SDS will log a limited number of things, but there's no laptop, so you look at the numbers on the handheld thingie they provide.

The Innovate Motorsports LC-1 WB02 system is a favorite with the MS crowd. Well supported by MS, and it's $200.
lmcchesney
You mean like this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Innovate-Mo...1QQcmdZViewItem
Seems to come with everything I would need including a bung to weld in.
Correct?
Larry
Sammy
I have an LM-1 and like it. Alot.
$330 on evil-bay.
lapuwali
LM-1 = LC-1 with a big box that holds a display and does some datalogging. If you're going to connect this to an aftermarket PEFI setup, you want the LC-1, which is small, meant to connect to ECUs, and then the display and datalogging are provided by the ECU.
yarin
Gotta love the LC-1. I'm a big fan.

You can log from the LC-1 using a laptop with Logworks software which is included. However with this config you will only log AFR vs. time. If you want to buy a cheap datalogging system I would buy or build a MS I box and connect your sensors up to it and use it strictly for datalogging.

brant
I run the LC-1 with the XD-16

no data logging that way....
but I'm only using it for carb jetting at different altitudes...
and only for WOT (race car)

still the hardware is absolutely amazing!
brant
ottox914
Had an LM-1 and liked it alot. Used it to tune with a standalone EFI system. The problem there was the EFI did not interface with the LM-1, so you had your laptop screen to be watching at the same time you were watching the LM-1, and trying to take in all that was going on and make some logical tuning decisions. Lots of cables and screens. If I had purchased more hookups for the LM-1 it could have data logged all kinds of other stuff, and may have made things easier, but oh well, it worked o.k. for what it needed to do.

Now I've got an SDS system to install on a 914, and this:

http://www.wmsracing.com/wmsweb/wideband.htm

wideband system. While there is a history of this system integrating with the SDS ecu, the WMS wideband can easily be set up to log rpm and o2. This may be another option for you, and while it is not as portable as an LM-1, the small size and ease of set up for the data logging is cool. But. It will only log rpm and 02, so if you want to go nuts logging everything possible, this may not be the best tool for the job.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.