Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need a diagram/picture
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TonyAKAVW
I've been looking around for a picture of the parts involved in the transmission mounts. Does anyone have an exploded diagram of where the washers go, or just the stackup of the parts? or maybe a description?

-Tony
Dr Evil
I cant seem to find a pic, but here is how it goes (and it is often installed wrong ):

Top to bottom:
-Big assed cup thing on top with cup facing down
-Tranny ear
-Big washer
-Nut
TonyAKAVW
What about the actual transmission mount itself (the rubber vibration mount part) and the piece that is like a piece of U-channel metal ?? Or is that part of the cup shaped piece?

-Tony
jimkelly
NOT MUCH HELP : )

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/9...ve_pic4_big.JPG
lmcchesney
Yelp, that is what mine looks like.
Isn't there a method of using the 911 engine mounts for the tranny mounts in the 914?
Also, some use solid aluminiminnnnnnn mounts.
Larry
TonyAKAVW
Thanks for the picture. I had been looking on Pelican's tech info but I must have missed that.

I bought a set of the 911 mounts, and they are a direct replacement as far as I can tell from the picture.

-Tony
maf914
If you have a Haynes 914 manual check Chapter 1, photo 5.18. It shows the tranny mount configuration. Not a great photo, but it might help.
Dr Evil
They need the holes ovaled out to fit right. No big deal.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.