Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wipers to the right?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Stieve
Just wondering about, having the park on the right side intead of the left.
So.Cal.914
Maybe I am missing something, but why would you want to? Anything can be done

for a price.
Rand
Been done. Pelican article shows 911 process, but notes 914 method is about the same. Somebody here on the board has done their 914.
Stieve
I saw it done on PP site, and noticed most cars have them that way, I just figured a clearer view. I was hoping on loosening the bracket, and moving it 180 degrees.
Stieve
Like that! Will it be the same on a 914?
bondo
QUOTE(Rand @ Jul 21 2006, 10:51 AM) *

Been done. Pelican article shows 911 process, but notes 914 method is about the same. Somebody here on the board has done their 914.

After listening to the pros and cons of reversing the wipers I decided to do mine only because I like the way they look and the clear view I have of the road. The following is a short pictorial of this project.

So what are the cons? Just the trouble of doing it?
lmcchesney
I did mine while the thing was on blocks. Once it is running and raining, I'll let you know biggrin.gif .
SGB
It is a little more complicated than just rotating the arm. The purpose of the left side layout for left hand drive cars is to clear the windshield on the first sweep. If the wiper starts on the right it flings the water from the right side over the just cleared left side, obscuring the majority of the view for a longer period.
Air_Cooled_Nut
This is a mod I want to do. What I disliked about using my previous teener in the rain was that if it stopped raining and you turned off the wipers, when they parked, they ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS flicked some water out onto the windscreen, generally in my field of view mad.gif Also, there would be a cleaner field of view with them out of the way.

Yeah, in their current position they will get the water out of the way that .5 second quicker -- so what. Such a mod is simply up to owner preference.
msglaigaie
Mine are dressed right. It just gives me a better field of vision. If it had not already been done by the PO it would have been on my "to do" list. They operate nicely, I have had no trouble and they stow well when disengaged. Just a personal preferance. MSG L
KaptKaos
IPB Image
norustscott
did it, looks good, easy ta do, if the gas tank is out, come to think of it everything was out when I did it...I feel it is faster during an autocross...
Toast
what is this "rain"?
Rrrockhound
I've been meaning to do it just so I can get a better view of those sexy front fenders from the driver's seat.
Elliot_Cannon
I did it first on the 911 and next on the 914. Fairly easy to do since my tank was removed at the time and just about everything under the fresh air vent as well. It looks better, the car runs better, improves handling, it makes the seat more comfortable, it corners flatter, accelerates faster, the car doesn't get as dirty, shifts better, stops in a shorter distance, so all in all this is a pretty good thing to do.

Cheers, Elliot
jimtab
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jul 21 2006, 03:00 PM) *

I did it first on the 911 and next on the 914. Fairly easy to do since my tank was removed at the time and just about everything under the fresh air vent as well. It looks better, the car runs better, improves handling, it makes the seat more comfortable, it corners flatter, accelerates faster, the car doesn't get as dirty, shifts better, stops in a shorter distance, so all in all this is a pretty good thing to do.

Cheers, Elliot

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif Do you have to paint the parts yellow?
Elliot_Cannon
QUOTE(jimtab @ Jul 22 2006, 11:43 AM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jul 21 2006, 03:00 PM) *

Cheers, Elliot

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif Do you have to paint the parts yellow?

Also, I have never EVER been passed by a green car. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.