Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone in LA area doing a fun drive this weekend
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike D.
Well, anyone have anything planned I can just tag along. I know up by me it is supposed to be 105 Sat. and 107 Sun.

Anyway...??
Howard
Every Sunday. 7:30am Village Coffee Roaster Woodland Hills. Kind of a redneck Crystal Cove. You have to wade thru the Ferraris and Lambos, but I'll be there biggrin.gif
Toast
Someone's itchin for a drive. poke.gif
driving.gif driving-girl.gif
TonyAKAVW
I'm doing the Rev-It-Up-Racing event at the El Toro former Marine Corps station on saturday. Its kind of an autocross, but they provide the cars, etc. Its $50, $10 more for a hot lap with a pro driver in a ZO6 camaro (you are passenger, not driver sad.gif ).

Thomas (one914racer) is going as well.

-Tony
Allan
Finishing up front suspension this weekend then have to get an alignment before I can do any driving.

Last nights weather predicted 111 here for the weelkend. sad.gif
SLITS
112 in Riverslime..........
Howard
89 in Malibu.

Dude
WaideS
Wow, 107, 111 ........

That's Phoenix kind of hot
sad.gif
JoeSharp
Maybe you guys should do a jsharp.gif at my house this wekend. I'm sure it wont hit 105 here.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
dekman
"I want'a drive, I want'a drive, I want'a drive ... too! Be there or be square!!! (my house in Ojai=99 degrees) beer3.gif
HeloMech
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Jul 21 2006, 02:49 PM) *

Maybe you guys should do a jsharp.gif at my house this wekend. I'm sure it wont hit 105 here.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe

agree.gif
dekman
If I go to a jsharp.gif , then I eat, gain weight, and my car becomes slower. However, if I go with Howard, drink COFFEE, and drive like Howard does...I lose weight and my car goes faster! dog.gif
Mike D.
Thanks for the offer Joe, but I think I'll hit the Coffee roaster (closer). Howard what time do folks show up overthere?
Dekman I don't even know where Ojai is, I know I've seen signs though...
Howard
QUOTE(Mike D. @ Jul 22 2006, 09:04 AM) *

Thanks for the offer Joe, but I think I'll hit the Coffee roaster (closer). Howard what time do folks show up overthere?
Dekman I don't even know where Ojai is, I know I've seen signs though...

7-7:30.
Just did a trial run (yes, i took Suzi). Beach is great, canyons OK, but valley is the pits already. Should finish before 9 and grab some breakfast. Bring water and sunscreen.

Joe, hate to miss a BBQ, but ya know..
dekman
Mike, Ojai is off the 101 fwy at Ventura, 20 min up on the 33hwy into the foothills. Hey Howard......post the Village Coffee Roaster Map. A interesting collection of old and new exotic cars(lambos, Ferrarris, GT40's, hot rods, panteras', etc.) clap56.gif
Howard
Rob, ever heard of Google? poke.gif

Please bring your camcorder or tape of our last run. We can go back to my place or yours, depending on route and check it out. Also have Grand Prix biggrin.gif

Also, we are all invited to join the Ferrari gang (they loved your car) on their run to Carpinteria. chowtime.gif At Bacara, talk about pinkies, brunch is $29.50. Their plan is to leave VCR around 8:30. Whatever.
Howard
And there's Malibu Concours .
dekman
Google WTF.gif Brunch at the Bacara($29.95) sheeplove.gif ... with the Ferrarri guys? Not sure I can get my "Pinky up". But your the leader! cheer.gif
dekman
Malibu concours($25 no lunch).....Bacara(29.95 with lunch) ....Hummmmmm. Are the Ferrari guys driving hard(like last time?)...cauz that was coooooool! You will need the" bigger motor car" burnout.gif I'll follow my leader cheer.gif
Howard
I think the F guys are just going mostly up the coast at 'legal' speeds. It's just too hot to go inland.

Hey, we could pop in on Z in Sta Barbara beerchug.gif We'll figure it out in the morning. Mike D, still coming? Anybody else?
campbellcj
My wife saw 120F on the Land Crusher's thermometer this afternoon in the mid SF Valley. I dunno how accurate that thing is, but clearly it was Hot with a capital H. It was slightly cooler here, but well over 100. Even now at 10:30pm the pavement outside is radiating heat like the stones in a sauna.

I'm tempted to do a drive in the a.m. but I'm only home for about 22hrs this weekend and back on the road so I'll probably stick close to home and crank the A/C.
Howard
Chris, c'mon out for coffee at VCR. Z is coming, so we can play pin the tail on the admin.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.