Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Finally posted a tranny service ad
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
Looking for feed back on my tech portion of the tranny service add I just posted in the resources section. Praise and criticism is welcomed biggrin.gif

EvilWerks Tranny Service
Root_Werks
boldblue.gif Sweet! Good work Evil one. I know where to go when I need trany work done. biggrin.gif
So.Cal.914
I liked it, very clear and to the point. I give it a four joint rating. smoke.gif
brant
looks good!

brant
Brad Roberts
I'll change it for you.. that would be an "ad" not addition too "add"

alfred.gif

B
Brad Roberts
When you reinstall you need to measure the gaskets that come with the new kit and replace with ones that are of the same thickness.

Um. kinda..

The ones they are measuring have been *crushed* and will not measure what the new ones measure. Also.. typically the rebuild gasket kits come with a VERY minimal amount of shims. You need to stock up on left over shims from other peoples builds so you can help supply them. Last time I checked it was getting pretty hard to buy the shims individually from Porsche. I know this is not SUPER critical, but it is important.

Keep up the good work (and use new parts..please...as often as you can, dont let everyone cheap out)

B
Allan
Nice Mike.

Who's they chick representing the tired tranny? wub.gif
Dr Evil
Ah, had to be a spelling error.

The majority of the kits that I have gotten (and have seals left from) have two .06" and one .09". I don't let people cheapen out on critical items, but sliders are up to $200 and I have used that you could not easily distinguish from the new. Also, 1st slider is up to $400-500, a good used one would be easy to swap and much cheaper. It all comes down to this, if putting a used part in will cause the tranny to need work in a short time as it will fail then I will not do it. That equates to loss of value. But, if not using a good used part means that ones car is not on the road and will likely not be for a very long time due to cost prohibition then there again is a loss of value. Having your tranny worked on requires informed decisions and good communication. I like viable options for people. The whole process is based on trust.

Thanks for all for all of the input guys (and the spelling correction, B ).
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Headrage @ Jul 21 2006, 05:10 PM) *

Nice Mike.

Just a pic I was looking for for the exact use that I used it for.

What do you think of he runner up?
TravisNeff
QUOTE(Headrage @ Jul 21 2006, 02:10 PM) *

Nice Mike.

Looks like my new girlfriend blink.gif icon8.gif beer3.gif
JPB
Cool DE! My trani needs a "how's your father". Hopefully, you will see mine in the near future. Knowing you are there gives me a sence of security; kinda like warm and at peace while out manuevering the human race in a 914 kinda way.

aktion035.gif

JPB
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 21 2006, 05:17 PM) *

QUOTE(Headrage @ Jul 21 2006, 05:10 PM) *

Nice Mike.

Just a pic I was looking for for the exact use that I used it for.

What do you think of he runner up?

All pride aside, they may have the power to charm the one eyed snake with those pudgy lips. Runnin a dry spell here. No, no, it's the alcohole yes the booze made me say it!
Howard
thumb3d.gif
But would you buy a transmission from a guy who looks like this?
JPB
Do ya sell to cutomers who chew on guitars?
Dr Evil
JPB, it depends on what type.

Howard,
Your right, I forgot to dress formal wink.gif
JPB
This one is a Gibson SG standard with a SS flame pic guard I made and chrome skull knobs. This thing is possesed and dosen't like prisoners unless they're for dinner. Ya, crazy possesed guitar and its all minnnnneeeeee; or does it own me?

head_hurts_kr.gif Watch as we step into the twilight zone.
scottb
the doc is legit!!! he does good work.

and don't listen to him about cleaning the case..... like i said before. just drop off any ol' trany, still filled with oil and wrapped in a greasy moving blanket and all is right with the world.

granted, it will come back to you, still messy on the outside and wrapped in the same stinky moving blanket, but it will shift like a dream!!!

oh, and he will call you what you think is a new nickname when you pick up a trany dropped off in the aformentioned condition..... biggrin.gif after he takes your cash!!!

my new nickname was some thing like "bass pole".......
Bruce Allert
I'm going to look at a 73 2.0 tomorrow that will only move in 1st & reverse. Sometimes it will go into3rd??? Could get it pretty cheap. I'll be lookin yer way Dr. if I pick it up.

Good Job beerchug.gif

.....b
Dr Evil
What an interesting problem, I'll be waiting. 914 tranny support, I'm here to help wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.