Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I fixed it, I fixed it
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
HeloMech
piratenanner.gif boldblue.gif piratenanner.gif

YAY! I did it. I about stuck a screw driver through the rear trunklid a few times as it took like 20 minutes to get one little screw to cooperate... but.... IT RUNS... PROPERLY!!!

Hooray hooray hooray.

Now, I don't know what the parts are called, but there's this one thing, that has a t-vacuum line on it... screws down to the dooflinky. I 'fixed' the hose between that and the whatchamacallit. I cut a couple of wires and put new ends and new wire in, put all the weird cold air stuff back on... put away all my tools so I could just be DONE if it didn't change anything...

Weeeeeeeeeeee.... It still started with a puff of smoke... ie, rich. But, it smoothed right out. I put a couple of miles on it looping the neighborhood. It did die one time, but I'm guessing now I'll check the idle and timing again... but YEAH baby YEAH!!!

ok, now back to your regularly scheduled postings!! driving.gif clap56.gif
JoeSharp
Way Kool Robert. I just wish you could tell me what the probablem was. Now that it runs bring it by.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
SpecialK
QUOTE(HeloMech @ Jul 21 2006, 04:20 PM) *

piratenanner.gif boldblue.gif piratenanner.gif

YAY! I did it. I about stuck a screw driver through the rear trunklid a few times as it took like 20 minutes to get one little screw to cooperate... but.... IT RUNS... PROPERLY!!!

Hooray hooray hooray.

Now, I don't know what the parts are called, but there's this one thing, that has a t-vacuum line on it... screws down to the dooflinky. I 'fixed' the hose between that and the whatchamacallit. I cut a couple of wires and put new ends and new wire in, put all the weird cold air stuff back on... put away all my tools so I could just be DONE if it didn't change anything...

Weeeeeeeeeeee.... It still started with a puff of smoke... ie, rich. But, it smoothed right out. I put a couple of miles on it looping the neighborhood. It did die one time, but I'm guessing now I'll check the idle and timing again... but YEAH baby YEAH!!!

ok, now back to your regularly scheduled postings!! driving.gif clap56.gif

Yeah! Any leakage between the "dooflinky" and the "whatchamacallit" will allow free electrons to escape, and substantially reduce the efficiency of the thingamabob........been there done that! biggrin.gif

Congrats on a running 914!!
Howard
QUOTE(SpecialK @ Jul 21 2006, 02:25 PM) *

Yeah! Any leakage between the "dooflinky" and the "whatchamacallit" will allow free electrons to escape, and substantially reduce the efficiency of the thingamabob........been there done that! biggrin.gif

Congrats on a running 914!!

agree.gif I had the same problem. But it only affected the car at exactly 88mph. Flux Capacitor? blink.gif
Dr Evil
Awsome! WTG!
brant
good for you sir.

that is always a wonderful sense of accomplishment!

brant
JPB
Teenerskis always smile when she's back and a purrrrrrrin! I feel ya bro!

:mueba:WEEEE crazy banana dance.
Dr Evil
Alright, I am motivated to go work on my car finally. Thanks biggrin.gif
TINCAN914
Congrats!!!! driving.gif
anthony
QUOTE(HeloMech @ Jul 21 2006, 02:20 PM) *

I 'fixed' the hose between that and the whatchamacallit.

Replacing all the vacuum hoses is a cheap way to know you don't have a vacuum leak. New hoses are dirt cheap - like $15 for the cloth braided hoses at your local VW bug shop.

tdgray
WTG... all it takes is a little patience and some trial and error.

If that fails get dynamite dry.gif
HeloMech
QUOTE(anthony @ Jul 21 2006, 03:29 PM) *

QUOTE(HeloMech @ Jul 21 2006, 02:20 PM) *

I 'fixed' the hose between that and the whatchamacallit.

Replacing all the vacuum hoses is a cheap way to know you don't have a vacuum leak. New hoses are dirt cheap - like $15 for the cloth braided hoses at your local VW bug shop.

Yeah, I just don't know what THIS hose is. I'll see if I can find one locally.

So.Cal.914
We don't need no stinkin hoses.

COOL.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.