914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
HeloMech
what's this little hose/adapter called?
Air_Cooled_Nut
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
HeloMech
QUOTE(Air_Cooled_Nut @ Jul 21 2006, 03:48 PM) *

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

I have a pic that I whipped up in paintbrush... lol. Doesn't it show up?
Air_Cooled_Nut
Yeah, but nothing beats the actual.

It just sounds like a hose union/fitting.
Air_Cooled_Nut
hijacked.gif

Hey, got any pics of your motorcycle?
Allan
I remember someone looking for that part a year or two ago. Something to do with the cold start or aux air valve on a 1.7 IIRC.

I don't remember how, but I do know it got found.

Someone will chime in that knows exactly what it is and where to get/fab one...
HeloMech
QUOTE(Air_Cooled_Nut @ Jul 21 2006, 04:24 PM) *

hijacked.gif

Hey, got any pics of your motorcycle?

This is the only one I have handy...
JoeSharp
Robert: Is this item white plastic? If so there is one here but I have to ask if you can use it.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
Dr Evil
If not, shoot me an email. I like to hoard rare TIV parts (that I can no longer use). Its yours if you need it.
Brad Roberts
Take these guy's up on it. Good ones are hard to find. They break/crack with 30+ years of use.

It is a vaccuum union.

B
HeloMech
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jul 21 2006, 05:19 PM) *

Take these guy's up on it. Good ones are hard to find. They break/crack with 30+ years of use.

It is a vaccuum union.

B

Yeah, it's a vacuum union!! confused24.gif

It's actually black rubber hose for the larger section, with what looks like a little brass tube molded into it for the smaller hose connection.
SpecialK
When I looked at the way you bike is parked, I immediately thought of Austin Powers trying to turn around the golf cart at Dr. Evil's laboratory (not the PA Dr. Evil that replied with a free offer for a part........or maybe it is... idea.gif ).

Nice Bike, nice car, dinky garage........I have no room to bitch about the size of mine (uhhh...garage) anymore. beerchug.gif
HeloMech
QUOTE(SpecialK @ Jul 21 2006, 05:43 PM) *

When I looked at the way you bike is parked, I immediately thought of Austin Powers trying to turn around the golf cart at Dr. Evil's laboratory

LOL... that's EXACTLY how I get the bike in and out of there!!!
Dr Evil
I forgot to mention that I have also seen similar unions as the FLAPS in the red packaged parts section (HELP parts or something like that).
HeloMech
dunno if it shows up very well... but here's what I'm talking about. This was before I cleaned it up, taped and clamped it.
McMark
Send a PM to Bruce Napier (GWN7). wink.gif
SLITS
That's the AAR.....Auxillary Air Valve....takes filtered air from the air intake hose via the AAR and looks like it is plugged into the plenum. The small vac line off of it would go to a deacceleration valve.

Cold the valve is open....put 12 volts to the red wire going to the valve and see if it gets hot (small heating element in the bottom of it). It should close when hot.

If that fitting was busted, you had a very large vacuum leak........as in lotsa air and not enough fuel. If that hole to the plenum is open, your idle would be 5K.

I fixed mine by putting a thick coat of JB weld around it.
HeloMech
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jul 21 2006, 07:48 PM) *

That's the AAR.....Auxillary Air Valve....takes filtered air from the air intake hose via the AAR and looks like it is plugged into the plenum. The small vac line off of it would go to a deacceleration valve.

Cold the valve is open....put 12 volts to the red wire going to the valve and see if it gets hot (small heating element in the bottom of it). It should close when hot.

If that fitting was busted, you had a very large vacuum leak........as in lotsa air and not enough fuel. If that hole to the plenum is open, your idle would be 5K.

I fixed mine by putting a thick coat of JB weld around it.

I didn't have a high idle and it was running WAY rich. I'm guessing there was a vacuum leak there, however, I think the wires I redid on the TS2 and one off the coil were what cleared up my issues.
GWN7
QUOTE(McMark @ Jul 21 2006, 06:36 PM) *

No need to PM me about it. Last year at the WCC I was asked about them and had a look at it. Then someone said they were available from VW. Someone had just bought a new one from a bug shop and they had 6 more on the shelf when he bought his.

The PET shows them as being available.... PN #022 133 083
HeloMech
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Jul 21 2006, 08:31 PM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ Jul 21 2006, 06:36 PM) *

No need to PM me about it. Last year at the WCC I was asked about them and had a look at it. Then someone said they were available from VW. Someone had just bought a new one from a bug shop and they had 6 more on the shelf when he bought his.

The PET shows them as being available.... PN #022 133 083

Great! Thanks for the info.
JoeSharp
Robert: I talked to Linda and she had just read the thread about the nice -6 that was just sold, she desided to not put D-Jet back in her car and wants to get rid of all of the D-Jet stuf. So if you want it come over and look at it. I see a 2.7 in Lindas future.
HeloMech
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Jul 22 2006, 07:31 AM) *

Robert: I talked to Linda and she had just read the thread about the nice -6 that was just sold, she desided to not put D-Jet back in her car and wants to get rid of all of the D-Jet stuf. So if you want it come over and look at it. I see a 2.7 in Lindas future.

sweet... supposed to change the exhaust gaskets on that '74 today if he shows up. I might be down at VeeDub later looking for a new relay for the headlights. I really doubt it's the problem but, I've cleaned wires and grounds. It's in the relay or the switch I imagine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.