john grier
Ok what is the easy way to remove the letters from my wrecked car
and install on my next one?
So.Cal.914
You can remove the screen from the lid, nuts on underside. This should make it

easier.
john grier
Ok that looks easy but how to do it?
That was my thought but I do not see how to remove the grid.
VegasRacer
Bend / cut / destroy / sacrifice the washer clips that hold the letters to the grill.
Preserve / protect the post on the back of the letters.
So.Cal.914
Use a flashlite and look thru the grill around the parimeter you will see where the

bolts are attached to the screen, look underneath you will see the nuts. Socket

wrench.
john grier
Are these the same holders thjat hold on the letters?
flesburg
yes, use either an 8 or 10 mm socket (cant remember which), but spray a lot of penetrating oil or wd 40 especially on the letters once you get that far.

These are speed nuts and they screw onto "tits" that are part of the very weak letters, and the "tits" easily snap off, and then you will be looking for a new letter set. The speed nuts are steel and will most likely be rusty as hell. Soak the speed nuts good, and even let them soak overnight before trying to remove them.

If you are going to try to save the grill be careful with the speed nuts on it as well because they snap off easily too. There are a whole lot of speed nuts that hold on the "grill" so carefully remove all of them. It is a lot easier if you take the entire engine lid off of the car. Removing the grill once the speed nuts are all off takes some carefull lifting at the rear edge and then pulling toward the rear.

Been there, done that...several times...good luck. Take it easy and its a piece of cake.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.