Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Question for Admins
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThinAir
When we move to the new forum software the way the topic subscription reply emails works changed. Under the old software I would get one email if there had been a reply to a topic since my last visit regardless of the number of replies. Now I get an email for every reply that is posted since I posted to the topic. That's a lot of emails to sort through since they all have the same subject line.

I've looked for a setting that would change this behavior, but haven't found one. Is this just the way it works now? Is it possible for the email subject line to include the title of the topic? That would make it easier to dump the extra messages.
Bruce Allert
Hmmmmm, I don't get any that I've posted to and I didn't do a thing in My Controls! type.gif

....b

Joe Bob
You may be subscribed to the "forum"...it gives you a notice to EVERYTHING.....check your settings.

Since I am a vulture....I subscribe to the want ad forums.....
ThinAir
QUOTE(ZZZZZ @ Jul 21 2006, 09:26 PM) *

You may be subscribed to the "forum"...it gives you a notice to EVERYTHING.....check your settings.

Since I am a vulture....I subscribe to the want ad forums.....

Nope. A long time ago I subscribed to the want ad forums as well. Then my ISP went wacky and started bouncing messages back, which drove Brad and Andy nuts!
Gint
Change your topic subscription options in my controls from "Immediate email Notification" to "Delayed Email Notification" and you will only get one email until you log back into the board. Please go and find it. My Controls -> Subscriptions -> View Topics AND View Forums (for individual topic and forum subscriptions respectively). You have to select (Check Box) the individual topic of forum on the right and then change the email option from the drop down list.

Also check your default subscription options. If the default you have selected is for immediate, then guess what. In addtion, fast reply by default will also automatically setup email notification every time you use it unless you change it's default behavior. I don't remember how, so please go find it. I did it once right after the upgrade and have since forgotten. It's in "My Controls" somewhere.

And I deleted all thread notifications shortly after the new software was installed. So any subscriptions setup beforethe upgrade were toasted.

Nighty-night.
ThinAir
Thanks, Mike. That did the trick. It must be my glasses - I never saw the drop-down for choosing the default when I turned on the notification!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.