Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: More Rust
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DNHunt
So far it's pretty good but I still have the interior to look at and the firewall pad to remove. Steam cleaning removed about 50 lbs. of dirt. I swear the car drove better but it was probably wishful thinking and remorse over putting up on jack stands for the winter. Along with what I posted before here's what I found.

Front trunk

Dave
DNHunt
Under the brake fluid reservoir
DNHunt
Driver long
DNHunt
Engine shelf There is also some rust on the bottoms of the doors. Still I think I'm pretty lucky
redshift
Well, never the less, it'll make someone a very, very nice parts car.

If I smile, it won't be funny.

M
Chris H.
In the Midwest that is pretty much considered "rust free". Seriously except for the engine shelf that does not look bad at all. Even that can be fixed pretty easily.
Katmanken
Not bad at all -overall.

That looks a lot less rusty than many of the "rust free California cars" that have poped up from time to time. Some of them make my hair stand up!

The only area of concern is the rear area where part of the rubber fuel pump mounts are left. More specifically, on the the other side of the sheet metal piece that the rubber mounts are attached to. (AKA 'the hellhole"). Don't ask how I know.

OK, OK ......I had to make one of those darned pieces with a hammer and metal scraps....... smash.gif

Ken
rhodyguy
dave, think a bit. after sooo many rust shots of other peoples cars i don't think you should get too worked up yet. when the engine pad comes off that will be the show. what did you think of "airport road steam cleaning"? as to the 50lbs of crap. when you consider all the nooks and cranys i wouldn't be surprised. i'm going to call the cleaner tomorrow

kevin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.