Full Version: OT: Too hot to work...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
Yikes!
Allan
It was 111 here at 2:30 this afternoon.... blink.gif
Aaron Cox
NO WAY!!!

Kaptkaos and i installed a Tarret Bar, new rear springs, new fuel lines etc... in 107 degree weather.

7:30 am till 4:30 PM!

i sweat off 20 lbs i think LOL
Howard
108 here.
Elliot_Cannon
Upper 80s here. Turn the AC off at night. Nice.
Elliot
So.Cal.914
Oh paleeeze, those are spring temps.
Unclerichy
110 here. This heat is getting ridiculous.
DNHunt
95 here. The glaciers on Mt. Ranier are melting. First sunburn of the year on my legs. Forgot sunscreen. The heat pump can't keep up and the whole family is planning to sleep outside.

Dave
G e o r g e
it might have hit 81 with a nice little breeze on the coast in oxnard beerchug.gif
Trekkor
Our in-car thermometer in our Nissan saw 119° in the area in Napa where there were blackouts.

112° on the outdoor thermometer right now ohmy.gif

A 914 clubber was going to come over and weld up his battery tray to pass tech for the a/x in Marina next week. Too hot for me...

We'll try on Wednesday. welder.gif

KT
gregrobbins
Last seven days:

and 110 today.

Looking forward to flying into San Francisco tomorrow for a week of chill'n out.
Trekkor
The reported temps are always taken in the shade.

When I'm outside it's not always easy to find shade.

KT
elwood-914
It's only 96........in the house. sad.gif I ventured outside once and came back in..Misters in the dog pen and a box fan blowing on the dog in the house.......and I am running out of beer mad.gif
mikerose
Looking forward to flying into San Francisco tomorrow for a week of chill'n out.
[/quote]

I am just over the hill in Pittsburg and it is 106 right now.
Allan
QUOTE(trekkor @ Jul 22 2006, 07:23 PM) *

When I'm outside it's not always easy to find shade.

KT

What is this "shade" of which you speak? unsure.gif
Bruce Allert
106 in Scappoose where we play'd golf... golfer.gif

Drank 4 bottles of water & 4 beers... never pee'd once beer3.gif

......b beerchug.gif
Demick
Right now (almost 9pm) its still 98 degress outside. Ugh
Aaron Cox
100 even... AND RAINING LOL
nebreitling
haha, suckers!!!!

10 blocks from ocean beach in SF --got up to 90+ today, but with a cool breeze. it's almost... too pleasant.
mightyohm
ahh yes, but you have salty 914-rusting fog the other 364 days a year. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(nebreitling @ Jul 22 2006, 09:04 PM) *

haha, suckers!!!!

10 blocks from ocean beach in SF --got up to 90+ today, but with a cool breeze. it's almost... too pleasant.

Joe Bob
85....worked in the yard....
Flat VW
QUOTE(gregrobbins @ Jul 22 2006, 07:18 PM) *

Last seven days:

and 110 today.

Registered 121 degrees on the road here yesterday in the car, a new personal record.

John
GWN7
90's here......with 52% humidty........try putting on a insulated suit and strapping a air tank to your back and walking up 5 flights of stairs......
Joe Bob
That's why I like a PAPR and Tyvek suits.....supplied air or SCBA is too heavy.....
Borderline
I think it hit 97 here, but I spent the day installing my new Corbeau Forza in my way coool garage. I was a stoke of genius to cut the garage into the hill side and then place the house on top of it. Coolest place around. Sorry honey, its too hot to work outside. chairfall.gif
anthony
I blame the mass quantities of 914s being restored for global warming. biggrin.gif
erikstoll
110 or some crap in vegas yesterday and i was helping a buddy replace the brakes on his 98 mustang, loads of fun
Midtowner
Saw 115 degrees yesterday in the hills above Livermore, CA. Arrived home only to find its 95 degrees inside. Finally convince my wife to buy A/C for the home! smilie_pokal.gif
Tobra
119 at my house yesterday, 114 right now. This morning it was 80 at 06:30, and about 65% humidity, which is remarkably hot and humid for here(all temps F, taken in shade). Reminded me of Texas. Hope the lights don't go out. 114 would be sort of hard on the fish.

I did drive the car yesterday and today, done driving before it got over 90 though. Shifts much better since I adjusted the shifter.
Chris Pincetich
I braved the heat to grind out and prep my battery tray - and was punished with a wicked sunburn about 2 inches wide "were the sun don't shine" from being bent over the engine bay..... KMA.gif

Also let my arm slip off the towel covering my trunk, "service cover", and when it rested on my black trunk lid - OUCH! I think I could've fried an egg on that thing jsharp.gif

Breezy today so back to work! beerchug.gif
Allan
109 right now in the shade on my patio... givemebeer.gif
kpex914
113 here and getting hotter!
drive-ability
I remember in the early 90s I worked out in the inland empire (Southern Ca.) and at that time I was working for a Pontiac dealer indoors. The outside temp was 115 and inside where all the cars were running it was 120 plus. This went on for 3 weeks. Those were the days I ran 7-10 miles a day before work, so I lived through it but not everyone in the shop did. There were two guys that were taken out via stretcher. beer3.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
Low 100's last couple of days. Thank GOD I don't live in some of the places y'all live! 100+ temps beyond a week's time are friggin' ridiculous for a living environment! I'm glad my house has A/C w/central air.

I needed to get all the ball joints and tie rod ends on my Squareback installed but the garage, though insulated and on the north side of the house, still gets uncomfortably hot. So I grabbed my g/f's A/C unit from when she lived in an apartment and temporarily "installed" it in my garage, blowing the cool air on me:
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I used cardboard to help extend the garage door. I then just moved the A/C unit to the other side when I was ready to work on the passenger side of the car.
Brett W
Its been 95-100 with 75-100% humidity here. I gave up on working during the day. I sleep all day. Get up about 5-6PM and head to the shop about 8pm. Then customers can come by when they get done with family stuff and the kids are in bed, etc. I work till sun up and it is very nice out there. Turn on a few fans and keep the air moving, and working in the shop is cool.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.