Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: labor of love
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Randal
Huge huge turnout, but not many 914. mad.gif

Lots of new beautiful Porsches that handle like nothing I've ever seen. dry.gif

Candlestick was 95 degrees today which kept everyone running for the water cooler. No shade out there on the blacktop.

I knew we were in trouble when Dan T. passed me right before the turnoff to Candlestick, at 6:30AM, with his top down.

When I drove back to Los Altos at 6:00PM my truck thermometer said 110 degrees, which had me cussing as I thought the stipid thing had broke.

Then I opened the door and I knew what a turkey must feel like.

Please Please let some fog come in tomorrow.
Trekkor
But did you have a good time?

We burned yesterday at Sears, too.

KT
Randal
QUOTE(trekkor @ Jul 22 2006, 07:53 PM) *

But did you have a good time?

We burned yesterday at Sears, too.

KT

Ask me after I cool off a bit givemebeer.gif

Demick
Here in Pleasanton I spent from 7am to 2pm at the kids' swim meet. We baked. When I got in the car to come home the thermometer in the car read 124 degrees. The previous high that I had seen was yesterday (114 degrees). Too damn hot!

Dave_Darling
I made it through Saturday, but just barely. Took too much out of me; I had to sit out most of the Sunday afternoon run group. sad.gif

I am utterly wiped out, slightly sunburned, and still trying to recover. Wish I'd gotten to run on the fast course!

--DD
richardL
I dropped by on Saturday afternoon. The car said it was 97 at Candlestick. I spent an hour sitting inside the Neidel's motorhome shooting the breeze. I walked about a bit, watching all the Caymans, but it was too hot. I don't know how you instructors could bear it. Especially in helmets!

On the way home I got 110 on the car thermometer. And it didn't cool down in the evening either sad.gif

Richard
grantsfo
I went on a hike in the mountains yesterday (96 degrees in shade of the redwood forests). As I walked around a bend on the trail I was headed towards a big deep pool in a local stream and two absolutely gorgeous 20 something women were standing naked in the knee deep water facing me and smiling. I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't suffering from heat exhaustion. Then I realized my wife and my niece and nephew were just a few steps behind me. They confirmed that I wasn't hallucinating!

I'm thinking hiking is a lot more fun than going to AX's or races now when its hot.
Midtowner
Well, there would have been one more 914 out there had I not dropped out recently. Car brakes are not dialed in decently yet. Next time though when it is cooler. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.