Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Call Me Nuts....But....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
timmcgraw67
I was wondering how crazy people are about their 914.... I traveled 75MI for Door Handles (outside pair) and 130MI for some exhaust.... THANKS BRER AGAIN. Hell thinking on driving 150MI for a teener that don't run.
So.Cal.914
220 mi. for a tub but I am not crazy and neather am I.
ptravnic
New York to San Diego and towed a project car back... 6,000 miles
ChrisFoley
Many years ago I travelled 180 miles each way, 4 times, before I realized the guy I was going to wasn't actually going to assemble the engine I took to him in pieces. On the fifth trip I collected all my parts while he wasn't there.
JPB
I traveled 350 miles for mine when I got it and towed it back on a dolly. Had only one hour to locat a Uhaul, transfer the title, test drive, get a money order, and inspect. With some help from you all, I might get a tub accross the countery once I start a complete overhaul; I want a silver and black trimed beast with a standard Sheradon kit.

beer.gif Is this nucken futz or what?
GWN7
Your nuts...........

which trip do you want to know about? Nevada for a roller? Dallas for a car? Tennessee for a roller? Vancouver for a car? Portland for a car? Ohio for a windshield? LA for rims? (ok they were a spur of the moment purchase) Portland for lights? (WWC was going on too) biggrin.gif beerchug.gif
Gint
I've driven 1100 miles (one way) just to go to a swap meet (more than once). Flew into California to drive 3 different 914's from there to Denver. Towed one tub round trip to NorCal, one other home on a dolly from West Hills, at least a dozen 1000 mile round trips to the body/paint shop in Salt Lake, drove my first 914 2600 miles round trip to the 2001 Mid U.S. Ramble in Ft. Worth...

And that's only for 914 junk. And that's not all.

I could go on and on...

You're only getting started. wacko.gif
Chogokin
Had to pick up my car in South Dakota and tow it back 1500 miles to Ventura, This went down the day after flying back from my honeymoon!! wacko.gif then 6 months later had to pay $900 to have it trucked to Pensacola! icon8.gif
JPB
I'm normal, I'm normal, Yaaaaay, I'm normal!!! Just as long as I'm bellow the so called typical average, I'll be fine.

beer.gif Hey, I'm still hooked and addicted unless I can fill the emptyness and void in my life with some awsome Swedish chic!! Any takers for long nights of pleasent abuse?
grantsfo
QUOTE(timmcgraw67 @ Jul 22 2006, 11:23 PM) *

I was wondering how crazy people are about their 914.... I traveled 75MI for Door Handles (outside pair) and 130MI for some exhaust.... THANKS BRER AGAIN. Hell thinking on driving 150MI for a teener that don't run.

Your not crazy I commute that far every day!
IanStott
Glad to know I am not the only eccentric idiot on the planet! Ther is safety in numbers so I feel safer now that I won;t be committed. What a boring place this world would be without people like us. Lots of times the trip to get something is just as satisfying as getting the item. Meeting people in the poring rain at Hershey was just as great as finding some of the stuff I needed, and I had driven all the way from Moncton, up here in Canada.

Ian Stott
Aaron Cox
900 miles round trip for some wheels and a tranny
Allan
Had my motor rebuilt by a guy in Temecula. A 400 mile round trip. Went there 4 times in 3 months. Driven to Slits place a few times as well to either drop off or pick up parts. Again, 400 mile round trip.
Allan
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jul 23 2006, 09:51 AM) *

I remember that...

Mmmm, IHOP.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Headrage @ Jul 23 2006, 10:32 AM) *

QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jul 23 2006, 09:51 AM) *

I remember that...

Mmmm, IHOP.

thanks again. i have never seen soo many bugs in my life LOL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.