Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wet foot...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
HeloMech
So, uh, I washed the car and then drove it. My foot got wet. I'm guessing water was from that cowl grille doodad just in front of the windshield. Are there drains for that which would have come off?
Allan
I think normally it would drain out under the fuel tank.

Got any rust through on the floor pan?
mightyohm
That used to happen to me every time I washed my car too! It turned out that the drain tubes for the fresh air box were both clogged. The box was filling up with water and dumping it into down through the foot vents.
Rrrockhound
This is why I like to wash old cars like teeners from the bottom up, rather than the top down. I never point the hose higher than the top of the wheel arches.
HeloMech
QUOTE(Rrrockhound @ Jul 23 2006, 01:07 PM) *

This is why I like to wash old cars like teeners from the bottom up, rather than the top down. I never point the hose higher than the top of the wheel arches.

Well I was washing the front trunk and windshield. I have about 50 feet of magnetic sheet for making magnetic car signs. I think I'm going to make a 914 cowl cover for when I wash the car. Rain won't be an issue, I leave it in the garage and take the other car for that stuff.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.