Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Revolution 15 x 7 Rims
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
Wanted to see if anyone who may have a set of the Revo;ution 15 x 7 has any comments. I had been looking for the RZX 17 x 7's, but they are not available any more.
Would like to hear about quality, fitting, and whether the price justifies their cost for the Revolution 15 x 7 .

I'm looking to replace the 2liter chrome Fuchs, see below...

JPB
Hate to say it but you have great rims. If you got them stripped and fully polished, they would rock on your beast for alot less.

beer.gif Wish I had rims like that.
Brando
Revolutions?

I think smElliott has them on his black beast, except he's got 17s...
Aaron Cox
they made them in 5x130 and 4x130..

seen some of the 911 guys run em.

they tend to be a little heavy...

7's most likely will NOT fit in the rear.....
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jul 23 2006, 11:21 AM) *

they made them in 5x130 and 4x130..

seen some of the 911 guys run em.

they tend to be a little heavy...

Need to confirm with someone who is running them. I think the offset allows 205's...need inpt
McMark
Mike Mueller has them, but he's on the road back from Louisiana right now. PM him.
Aaron Cox
ellyut andmueller both have the 17" variety
Mueller

7's WILL fit in the rear.....that is the reason they are semi-popular, perfect offset which closely matches that of the uber-expensive 15x7 R rims

yes, I am running 17x7 with 205's under bone stock fenders....Jim Chambers* BumbleBee /6 conversion has 15x7 revolutions under bone stock fenders as well

*car now belongs to Robby up in the Sacramento area...
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jul 23 2006, 02:35 PM) *

7's WILL fit in the rear.....that is the reason they are semi-popular, perfect offset which closely matches that of the uber-expensive 15x7 R rims

yes, I am running 17x7 with 205's under bone stock fenders....Jim Chambers* BumbleBee /6 conversion has 15x7 revolutions under bone stock fenders as well

*car now belongs to Robby up in the Sacramento area...

YUP... I have two sets actually that came with the Bumble Bee Racer now known as the Submarine... I would not say though that the fenders are bone stock. They appear to be "pulled" somewhat in the rear. But I do know that the claim to fame of these original 15X7 Revolutions were that they were suppose to fit under the stock fenders and they weighed in at about 14#. So it could be that the fenders were pulled for some other wheel.
My plans for the Submarine may involve a 5 lug conversion so one of these sets may be available to the seductive voice offering the most green presidents.
Porsche Rescue
I once had a set of the newer Rev. Millenium 15x7's. They fit fine but are quite heavy. Even so, I think they are much better than 5.5's with a 205 tire. I think the tire performs better with a more vertical sidewall.

Rob has the earlier Revolution RFX 15x7's and they are not nearly as heavy. They are out there, but hard to find. I found my second set on thesamba.com
jim_hoyland
Thanks for the input;they look really good on Rob's submarine. I'm going to wait until a set of 17's come around.
Porsche Rescue
Here are the 15x7 Milleniums. Frankly, I don't like the look of the 17's on a 914.
Elliot_Cannon
I like the 17s. If I ever go to five lug, the wheels will be 17s.
Joe Bob
They look like they came off a "Vette......might be the flag logo.....
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jul 23 2006, 06:04 PM) *

I like the 17s. If I ever go to five lug, the wheels will be 17s.

If you go 5-lug, I'll be interested in recycling your 4 luggers. I really like 'em

Jim
maf914
The yellow center 15 x 7 Revolutions on Rob's (Rotten Robby) Submarine are one of their older styles called the RFX model. I have a set of black center 15 x 6.5 RFX on my car with 205/60 Yokos. They fit without fender mods.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.