Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil Pressure Idiot Light
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wertygrog
Hello, whenever my '74 is switched to the on position, whether running or not, the oil pressure idiot light blinks on and off with the directional relay...it does this regardless of whether the wire is connected to the sender on the engine, so i know the bulb is grounding out where it shouldn't.... idea.gif

here are some pictures. The black wire with green and whitish stripe goes from the idiot light to the directional relay, and there are two brown wires which I assume are grounds....is this correct? I don't see the idiot light wiring going through the flasher relay on the PP electrical diagrams... confused24.gif

Any ideas would be great! beer.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(wertygrog @ Jul 23 2006, 11:26 AM) *

is this correct?

i'd be surprised ... smile.gif

looks like someone mixed up some wires ...

i only have the wiring diagram for an early car in front of me, so here it goes:

oil pressure sender -> green/red wire to pin 1 on the rear connector on the relay board -> to pin 5 on the front connector on the relay board -> straight to the bulb in the gauge

the bulb get's 12V from a red/white wire. ground is provided by the sending unit.

bye1.gif Andy

PS: as always, make SURE you got good ground for the gauge housing and make SURE you get 12V all the way back at the sender and make SURE the sender works (provides ground when warm) ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.