Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 engine lid Porsche letter spacing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
TJB/914
Hi Pat & Concours people.

Here's something I think everyone will need sooner or later in the life of your 914.

I got these dimensions from George Hussey @ AA. I believe they are correct.

Tom
BTW Pat: You may want to post (above) in the nailed file.
TJB/914
Let me try this for a little more clarity.

Tom
Pat Garvey
Tom,

Great post!

You wouldn't believe (yeah, I guess you would) how many times I've seen the script scattered! Lot's of folks will do whatever it takes ti get the letters spaced to what they think is "clean", but they never are!
Pat
JeffBowlsby
er um..."O"...Tom...what happened to the "O" in that photo...?
tod914
Meanwhile back at Tom's garage.....

Click to view attachment
TJB/914
O-My, this is a tough crowd. Been caught by the CW Police!!! Another thing to put on my "do" list. Tod914 sent me a personal note & we were waiting for Pat to notice & jeff beat him to it.

Thanks Tod914 for moving the "O" over.

Tom
TJB/914
bump
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Mar 13 2007, 10:26 PM) *

bump

Tom,

I liked the original pic. Left room for a second "O", as in "POORSCHE".

KnowwhutImean?

"Now that there's funny"
Pat
GaroldShaffer
Are those numbers to the center of the letters or the leading edge of them?
Brian Mifsud
Spacing looks great.. but the spelling leaves so much on the "resale table"... look how many hits you get in Ebay and Craigslist when you enter "P-O-R-C-H-E"
Lavanaut
I'm getting ready to do mine again and went back and dug up a picture I put together last time I did this. Seems a bit archaic, sure, but the spacing ends up "perfect", and meets the dimensions specified in the above diagram. It's just a lot easier to do this way in my opinion, since you don't have to deal with keeping a tape measurer in place, etc. YMMV. smile.gif

Where stated, "n full diamonds showing" means at least n full diamonds, but not n + 1. For example, "4 full diamonds showing" might mean that you actually see 4 full ones and part of a 5th one, but not 5 full ones.

Click to view attachment
Lavanaut
QUOTE(Lavanaut @ Sep 10 2008, 11:48 AM) *

I'm getting ready to do mine again and went back and dug up a picture I put together last time I did this.

I just replaced the letters on my /6 this past week and used this approach again. It worked great, the spacing ended up perfect.

I won't grow hair on my palms for quoting myself will I?

Click to view attachment
ellisor3
I realize I am following up on an old topic, but I have found the correct spacing for the lettering and thought I would post them for future questions.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.