Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Remember your first teener?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Chogokin
About 8 years ago I stumbled on an ad in the Ventura Star that said simply " 73 914 Porsche project car, $500 or trade for??" Being the young kid I was fresh in the Navy, remembering the fun I had in my Dads 72 I talked the guy into trading for my 2 RC trucks straight across. Had to give her up when I transfered a year later, wish I had known then what I know now... Anyone else have pics of their first teener?

Click to view attachment
McMark
Here's mine. Actually wasn't a bad car overall.
McMark
Oooh, plus you can see my 928 in the background. wub.gif
morph
do you still have it? mark
james
McMark
Nope, both are long gone. sad.gif
Chogokin
unfortunately I gave mine up before REALLY knowing anything at all about it. Never got it running, the FI comp was fried. Did manage to completely rewire it and get all the electricals working right though! Gave it to a buddy that promised to finish the job. Last I heard he put on some carbs, fixed it up and painted it.
Tom
You bet I do, Had a 70 -1.7 in 1975. Put the fiberglass flares and 215 front 235 rear CN-36 Pirelli's and man would that car go in the corners. Had a Racemark steering wheel, scheel seat and 5-point harness and a roll bar. Great paint job and no rust at all. Lived in San Diego. Oh ,had an ARCO center console with the extra guages also. Wish I had it back.
Now a have a 76 - 2.0 up on jack stands for the last 9 months. I'll get her down some day and relive those great drives through the corners.
tom
Chogokin
Heh heh, I was 3 when you had your first teener av-943.gif
ejm
Still have the newspaper ad "Porsche , 72, 914, needs some work, many parts, $700 BO"

Paid $650, "many parts" was a dist cap and a fugly rear spoiler I told the seller to keep. Did a bunch of rust repair and mechanical stuff then drove it nine years. I gave it to my brother who converted it to a side shifter and removed the single carb setup it came with to reinstall fuel injection. He took the pic near his home on Long Island.
Joe Bob
Hmmmph....
Gint
In June I bought back my first 914. I'll have to go free it from storage here soon.
JoeSharp
I sold my first teener to Linda Horney and it just seems to keep coming back (for repair, for beautification). At the WCC it took Best 4.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
Click to view attachment
Mountain914
Yeah, still have half a dozen pics of mine (at http://members.rennlist.com/mountain914/Red914.html. (You had your 928, I had my 944 Turbo - which I wish I took pictures of!)
IPB Image
grasshopper
Not the first 914 I worked on, but MY own first 914... biggrin.gif
grasshopper
icon_bump.gif
Ferg
Photo credit to Lee Jacobs from above smile.gif

This was my first, 74 2.0, red respray over ravenna dry.gif Still poking around Denver I assume. I should really buy it back, it was rust free!

fiid
I remember my first teener... I drove it to work this morning.

thumb3d.gif driving.gif
Allan
Here's mine.

I sure miss it... sad.gif

Chogokin
I keep kicking myself for giving my first one away alfred.gif The body was straight, tri tone, but straight. If nothing else, I think it was a 2.0 with old school empi's, and a super straight front bumper. I'd love to have some of those parts now!! I musta been out of my mind... screwy.gif would have loved to get it running...
i love porsche
my first 914 senior year of HS...thought it was going to be a restoration, turned out to be a parts car
Howard
I'll never forget my first teener.
(someone had to do it)

Chogokin
ohmy.gif Dirty old man!! happy11.gif ... me too.... w00t.gif aktion035.gif
grasshopper
Damn howard, where did you find that pic of my girl?
chilli
QUOTE(Chogokin @ Jul 23 2006, 01:35 PM) *

Anyone else have pics of their first teener?

Yep have good picture, just right click on my avatar and "view image"

This is my first and still have it. and with original paint and interior.

mike
dekman
Howard...your BAD! SO BAD!!!!! Here's some before and after of my teener! cool_shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.