Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dgw
Just the engine with no carbs, sheet metal, or air cleaner, and no trani.

i'm wondering how many people I am going to need to help me pick one up and put it in a pickup truck or the back of my Subaru.

Any ideas out there?
MattR
I think aaron, scott kline, and i picked up a stripped down 2.2 six. So maybe 2 full grown adults could do it? wink.gif

3 is safer. dont throw out a back!
Allan
Howard and I hoisted one into the back of my Tahoe.

Didn't seem too bad.

Although, I did hear funny noises coming from Howards body... biggrin.gif
Joe Bob
160 ish.....
lapuwali
QUOTE(ZZZZZ @ Jul 23 2006, 07:33 PM) *

160 ish.....

160-ish sounds very light. A Type IV, fully dressed, weighs over 250lbs. A fully-dressed all-alloy Alfa twincan four weighs about 220lbs, and is one of the lighter engines I know for it's size (2.0L). The weight I remember for a fully dressed mag-cased Six is about 375lbs. The carbs weigh maybe 20lbs. The tin is not at all heavy (maybe 5lbs). The early metal air cleaner is actually remarkably heavy at 20-25lbs. Still, that only drops the total weight to maybe 325lbs or thereabouts.

I haven't weighed the 2.7 longblock I have in the garage, but it's a lot heavier than 160lbs.

I'd say three people at a minimum.
Aaron Cox
Clayton and i lifted affore mentioned 2l six core... and clayton broke a rib....

old people.. geez LOL
Joe Bob
I'm no Sampson.....I've lifted a long block by my lonesome....
Howard
QUOTE(Headrage @ Jul 23 2006, 07:30 PM) *

Howard and I hoisted one into the back of my Tahoe.

Didn't seem too bad.

Although, I did hear funny noises coming from Howards body... biggrin.gif

One fart...geez.

I knew we could do it. Z pulled it out of my suv single handed. Course he does have a hernia the size of Rhode Island, but that's not important now. biggrin.gif

McMark
IIRC, a fully dressed six is 350 lbs.
dgw
Thanks everybody.

It sounds like I'll need at least 3 old farts to pick this thing up.

As soon as it cools off a bit I'll post some pictures of the car it goes with in a new thread.

Newly acquired /6 -- on the 22nd -- but its been too hot to drive it or hardly even look at it. mueba.gif mueba.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.